|18|

Blood. Blood is taking up everything I see. Blood here, and blood there. Most importantly, blood everywhere.

I knew from my shriek that my pack members would be coming to help me, especially Chase, but that didn't ease my trembling trance that I felt I was in. I couldn't move from this spot in the room to stop looking at all the blood. It's like someone is forcing me to stay, but who has the rare power to do that? Did I know them?

"Cassandra, did anything happen to you?" Chase rushed in the room, so I shook my head, the only thing on my body that would move. I couldn't even talk, my lips were sealed in a tight hold.

"O...p....e...n-" Chase started spelling out what was written on the wall in a thick, red, metallic smelling blood. It flooded all of my senses.

"Open the gift." Chase finished. I gulped. If I opened the box then this being didn't have to spare all this blood. It's probably dead from this amount of blood loss.

"Cassandra? What's wrong?" Chase asked, walking up from behind me and I could feel his hard chest on my back. My lips refused to let words out, and my tongue felt like a giant stone.

"Are you there?" He waved a hand in front of my face, but again I nodded slowly, the only pace I could.

"Oh, shit." Chase cursed in realization, then ran out of the room in a panic. Wasn't he suppose to save me? Guard me for safety? But instead he runs like a weak dog with its tail between its legs. But before I could go on about him being a mutt he came back with more people.

"Oh, goddess, Cassy!" Mandy exclaimed and ran up to me.

"Can she move?"

"Only her head." Chase answered. Other people started to clean off the blood. Then I lost complete control of myself, and I lunged at the cleaners, growling and scratching at them, but I was pulled away from them.

"They're just cleaning, Cassandra. No threat." Chase cooed into my ear. I squirmed in his hold, trying to free myself.

"No!" I barked out in a deep voice, but I knew that voice all too well. It wasn't my control, it was Xander. Like he possessed me with black magicks. Chase's eyes widened when he heard the deep voice.

"Mandy needs to leave." Chase ordered. I spotted her curl her lips.

"I want to help her."

"Leave. This isn't safe." He said, and she left with Drew quickly rushing her out.

"Open!" I roared pointing where the black box was placed. Chase met where my gaze was on my dresser.

"I want everyone gone actually." Chase muttered, but they all heard it. "Drew, stay." Drew nodded and waited for orders.

"Do you want me to get the Alpha?" Drew asked. Chase shook his head and walked over to the box, picking it up. I suddenly had control over myself again and instantly breathed heavily, as id I was held from oxygen the whole time.

He slid the top of the box off and took out a simple photo. It was just a picture taken of me left in my bra and pants, in the basement. My back showcased all the whip marks and blood, and I couldn't help but lose my sanity at the sight if it.

I stepped back from Chase. My back showed the whiplashes, bruises, blood, my frail body, my weak state.

I tripped over the edge of our bed from backing away, but I caught myself. Chase just stared at the picture, not paying attention to my freak out, his eyes black with rage.

"Is this you?!" He asked, showing the photo to me again. I whimpered, and my breathing quickened. And so the panic attack begins. Before I knew it I collapsed to the ground and Chase rushed to me.