|30|

Cassandra

I groaned as I rolled to lay on my other side. My skin was sticky with sweat and blood, a foul stench coming off of my body. I wanted nothing more than a shower. 

I was practically mentally beat, still had my views on things, but just felt worn out. The voices had shut themselves away from me, but I could still feel the evil through my body. Why couldn't I have been born normal, with no destiny to be evil? My fate already set without my own consent? Did the Moon Goddess think about what I wanted? 

My body was weak, worn, and my soul felt dull. 

The air in the room shifted to warmer temperatures, announcing the presence of none other than Lucifer. 

"Not now." I mumbled, but knew he could hear me. 

"You know if you didn't fight your destiny it wouldn't be so long and painful. Just a quick transformation and BAM! Good as new!"

"Come back tomorrow, just let me lay here." 

"Well, I think it's time, no matter your refusal, your new and improved wolf will convince you." 

"I want to keep my wolf."

"You'll keep her, she'll just have to cave to evil like you eventually and that will be a lot faster than the spirits in you, because obviously, it isn't working." I snarled at his words, but he just rolled his eyes at me. 

"Stand." He demanded, and when I didn't he just yanked me up, forcing me to stay up. He stepped back and smirked at me, while my hands shook. I was scared of losing myself. 

He circled me in the middle of the bare room, eyeing me for any sudden movements. 

"Time to give your wolf a makeover." He announced with a mischievous smirk. I could feel my wolf growing more anxious by the second. 

Lucifer pulled out a syringe, but I didn't flinch away. What could a needle do to me? 

He stepped forward and grabbed my arm with a great force, then stuck the syringe in my arm. I started to panic when I saw the last of the liquid go into my body. 

"W-what did you just do?"

"Gave you something so your wolf would take its form."

"Shift?" I asked in disbelief. I haven't shifted in ages. 

I could feel my wolf surface, and then I was just stuck behind her as her conscious. My body hauled over, and bones started cracking. The black fur stood out from the white room. 

Lucifer smirked again, as usual, and called out some complicated foreign words, like a chant. 

My wolf sagged, plain being inflicted right in the chest. He was twisting her thoughts and changing the heart to darkness. 

I could feel it, the twisting, agony, in her. I howled out in the room, the darkness consuming my wolf. She gave in too easily, and all I've been doing is fighting it off from her. Now its just me. 

My wolf instantly shifted back, into human form. I collapsed to the floor, feeling the ache of my missing soul. My wolf was a part of me, same aspirations, and now it felt like she was just a stranger.

I covered my exposed private areas, glaring up at Lucifer.

"You took her away from me." I growled.

"No, I set her on the right path to guide you. Now stand up."

"I'm not here for your pleasure." I hissed and he rolled his eyes.

"Not interested, just take this blanket." He snapped his fingers, and a blanket appeared. I hesitantly grabbed it, then wrapped it around my bare body and stood.