|5|

Drew Picson ^

Chase

I sat down next to Drew and Hunter who were caught up in their laughing session, slapping each other on their backs.

"What's up?" I asked drawing their attention. Hunter looked at me.

"What happened to your neck?" Hunter asked looking at me with his nose scrunched up. My hand met the scar that was on my neck. It wasn't too bad...

"Nothing." I shrugged.

"A scar on a wolf means something. What happened?" Drew asked. "You didn't get in a fight, right?"

"More like a fight with myself." I muttered. The truth is that last night I knew something was going on. My wolf was just getting so worked up that I locked myself in my room until I calmed down. I ended up scratching my neck instead of some of my furniture.

"I spy with my little eye someone found their mate." Hunter arched an eyebrow at Cassandra's table. I looked over, thinking Amethyst must have found her mate, but I saw something completely different. That's what's been itching my nerves to no end. The bond forced me to feel something wasn't right in the connection, like a disturbance to the link. She went on that date and they kissed. Just like what they were doing now.

Making out at the table on one chair. Her legs were spread apart to sit over his lap, locking their mouths. Palmer was in for it.

I shot up from my chair, about to storm over their and mark Cassandra after tearing Palmer to bits, but a voice cut my thoughts off.

"What's wrong?" Hunter asked.

"That's Chase's mate." I heard Drew snicker.

"Who?"

"The one who is busy locking mouths with that Palmer guy." Drew answered. I grunted, embarrassed as I sat down covering my face with my hands.

"Don't worry man," Hunter patted my shoulder. "You are way better at kissing." He finished. I moved my fingers apart to see him, giving him a confused expression.

"How do you know that?" Drew asked. Hunter shrugged.

"He's the most popular guy at this school. That has to mean he is the best kisser, right?" Hunters reasoning was just so off..

"He does have a lot of experience-"

"Okay!" I interrupted their little thing there.

"Look, you don't understand what you're doing to her." Drew shook his head at me and I shot him a look.

"What do you know?" I accused.

"I don't know, maybe because I talk to her? And Mandy tells me everything. You're a bitch by the way. Mandy told me to tell you that." Drew shrugged one shoulder looking anywhere but my eyes.

"Okay, but do you know what she's doing to me? My wolf I mean." I cleared my throat at my mistake of words.

"Just think about your own choices, Chase." Drew finished standing up once the bell rang. What does he know about anything? Douche.

Cassandra

The cold glares I received from Chase in the halls gave me an A+ on my experiment. This made him dead jealous. Especially when he saw Palmer leaning against the locker next to my own as I got my binders and textbooks.

"Need me to carry those for you?" Palmer asked. I nodded and he took my heavy books out of my hands.

"Thanks." I kissed his cheek on my tip-toes and followed him as he walked.