|24|

"Wake up." A voice cooed in my ear that sent shivers down my spine. I peeled my eyes open, catching Chase in my line of sight. 

"Are we back?" I asked to which he nodded and stood back up. 

"You uh, well we both missed a couple days of school because I let you sleep when we got back in the pack house. So, we'll start tomorrow." I sat up from the bed I was on and thought over his words, eyebrows scrunched. 

"I'm not going back there." I stated. Chase sighed and crossed his arms over his chest causing me to just notice he bared no shirt. 

"And why is that?"  

"They are all bitches, and I'm not going in there to just be questioned and judged. Simple as shi-"

"Well anyone who has a problem with you can come to me, understand?" I narrowed my eyes at him for interrupting me. 

"I don't need babying." 

"Apparently you do." 

"How did you even find me?" 

"Easy, Xander's house, then the rogue howls." He shrugged it off like it was just a slice of pie to him.

"Why couldn't you just let me be?"

"Because you can't leave me."

"I need to be on my own to develop and practice my powers. Toby was going to help me, and you ruined it." 

"Toby ran away like a pup with its tail between its legs. You want that wimp to teach you your powers?"

"Well he knew everything about me!" 

"No other male is to take my place!" Chase roared. 

"Oh really? And what gives you that right to have a place?" I rose a questioning brow at him. I could see him visibly shaking in rage, and I was on a simple thread as it was. 

"We're mates, and that means I have a place in every subject that includes you. You're mine." 

"I am nobody's." I was standing at this point, which was a mistake on my part. He angrily took three large steps to back me up against a wall, trapping me with both hands on each side of my body. Oh, how I crossed the line this time. To a male wolf their mate meant everything to them, unless they had the recessive gene that makes the wolf despise a mate, but that's another story. 

When he leaned down my heart hammered against my chest from the close proximity that I haven't experienced in days. My wolf craved his close proximity and touches. But then his lips went past my own and to my ear. 

"You are mine as much as I am yours, and you will not disrespect me as your future alpha or as your mate. Do you understand?" When I didn't respond, he started to leave teasing kisses down my neck. It had my wolf on edge, ready to tackle him with kisses of its own, but me being stubborn I held back as much I could. A moan escaped my lips when he kissed my mark, and I immediately blushed, hating the effect he had over me. His eyes looked up to my own, and a smirk plastered to his face. He took my moan as an answer, giving me a playful growl, and left me against the wall. He left the mother fucking room. He didn't mother fucking kiss me, the bastard! He used our mate bond to loosen me up! If he was still here I swear I would- 

A sudden knock interrupted my internal scheme and before I could answer it, it burst open, filling the room with people. Mandy, Ameth, and Drew were all spitting fiery questions at me and I couldn't make out a complete sentence. 

"Shut up!" I ordered. They all fell silent and attacked me with a group hug. 

"I swear Chase is mother fuc-" Mandy interrupted Ameth before she could finish her sentence.