Broken Love

I wake up to Melrose sitting at the end of the bed, completely silent. "Baby." I crawl up to her from behind and hold her. For a good 20 minutes, both of us stay quiet. I can feel her slow heart beat on my wrist, where our matching tattoo is.  

"Baby, this morning me and my Dad had a long talk and I've done some thinking." Melrose sniffles.

I come from behind her and sit beside her. "Bae, what is it?" I nervously say.

"I feel....I feel like we need some time apart." Melrose chokes back tears.

"Like me at my house and you at yours?" I ask with confused expression displayed on my face.

"Nah, like us taking time to see what we really want in life." Melrose states.

"The fuck Mel! You're breaking up with me? The fuck did I do?!" I cry.

"It's just that I can't deal with this baby drama and the fact that it could be Majesty's just doesn't sit right with me." Melrose explains.

"So, that explains why you've been so fuckin distant and haven't been as affectionate. I thought you really loved me, Mel. I thought we were for real." Tears roll down my cheeks.

"I love you, Jade, you gotta believe it. It's just too much too soon. I don't know if I want to be a step parent/auntie, the fuck. I don't know if I want to share you with a kid and be 2nd place to you. I wanted to be your number one. I felt like if I committed to you then I wouldn't have to share you but I feel like I'm still sharing you with someone else now. I'm sorry, Jade. I will always love you, I promise till the day I die. I will die loving you and if you ever need me for anything at all, you can call me but I think it's for the best." Melrose eyes fill with tears and she disappears into the bathroom.

I sit on the bed alone feeling heart broken and empty. I remember this same feeling when shit didn't work with Majesty and that's when I really just let myself stop caring and became a hoe because that shit was way easier than dealing with a broken heart. I pack my things and head down stairs. Alize sees the tears in my eyes and hugs me tight. I break down in her arms, sobbing like a little kid.

"Hey, take it easy. You never know, she might come around. Just give her time, ok, beautiful?

Alize lifts my head up and wipes the tears from my eyes and helps me carry my bags down to the car. "You and the little one take it easy." Alize rubs my tummy and kisses me on my cheek.

I get to my partially empty condo and break down crying on the floor for about an hour. I doze off to sleep and then I'm awakened by a text from Desiree, asking me to come get her from the hospital. I grab my car keys and head out with my head still throbbing from all that's happened. I pull up to see Desiree and CJ out front of the hospital talking. I pull up and glare at CJ as Desiree gets in.

"Desiree, the fuck you doin talkin to her?" I bark.

"Yo Jade, chill. Shit got outta hand last night and I feel like it's just one of those things that happen with couples." Desiree shrugs.

"You mean to tell me, you still cool with her after she beat yo ass unconscious!" I yell.

"Says the bitch who let Majesty slap her ass unconscious and still gave his ass some pussy!" Desiree looks out the car window. 

"I jumped in for your ass! I could've lost my baby, fighting for you!" I yell at Desiree.

"Good, then your life would've been way simpler." Desiree shrugs.

I glare at Desiree and drop her off at home.

"Bye!" Desiree yells as I pull off.

As I'm driving home, Majesty texts me that he wants to see me and talk about things. I text him "whatever" cause now that Melrose has left me, I gotta take care of shit for me and mines and if this is Majesty's baby, I'm carrying, it's only fair to let him have a part in his child's life. However, I am so broken right now. All I wanna do is hold and kiss Melrose. I cry to some slow r&b songs on my way home. When I pull into a the parking garage, I see Majesty's tall, sexy ass leaned up against his royal blue Maserati, straight flexin. I approach him with my face scrunched up.