Letting Go & Moving On

Around Midnight, the Surgeon tells us that Majesty is in a medically induced coma. He was shot 3 times in the chest but he should pull through. The Surgeons tells us that we should go home and get some rest and check back daily. My heart is hurting and I'm wondering why Melrose never came to see if Majesty was ok. I head back to her place, hungry, tired, and exhausted. I knock on her door for almost 10 minutes but she's not there. I call Lashawnda. Lashawnda tells me that Melrose is at their place with Alize. My head is hot. I race over there pissed off and ready to slap a bitch, I mean stud. Ugh. I pull up to Lashawnda and Alize's place. Lashawnda is coming out with suitcases in one hand and Quamari in the other.

"Hey, Jade. Too much craziness, lies, and pain. I'm going to stay with my mom in San Francisco for a little bit. I cannot have my son around this." Lashawnda shakes her head.

"I completely understand. Do you know why Alize ain't in jail and what her and Mel talkin bout in there?" I question, with hot air blowing out of my nostrils.

"Yeah, Alize claims she was off her medication. Apparently she's been drinking and heavily smoking again. She also claims that she needed Mel and felt abandoned." Lashawnda explains.

I thank Lashawnda and hug her before she heads out. I knock on the door, anticipating the worst cause I wanna go off so bad on both of they asses but let me see what these motherfuckaz gotta say first. Alize opens the door with a blunt in her hand and blazing red eyes. I can't tell if she's been crying or smoking for the last 5 hours.

"Mel, ya bitch is here!" Alize yells into the living room.

Melrose pauses her video game and slowly walks to the door with a blunt in her hand, acting so chill and laid back. I don't think, I just slap the shit out Melrose. The sound of my slap to her face echoes and for seconds my hands stings then goes numb.

"Do you know your twin brother is in the hospital fighting for his life because your psycho best friend shot him 3 times in the chest and you over here chilling with her?!" I scream.

Melrose spits blood and starts laughing. "Man, I don't care." Melrose shrugs and takes another drag from her blunt.

"Desi and CJ were right. You are a fuckboy, excuse me, fuck-wannabe-boy." I diss.

"Yeah and you a thot but nobody's perfect baby, so relax." Melrose leans against the doorway and blows smoke into my face.

I smack the blunt out of hand, onto the ground. I smush it with my high heels and walk back to my car. Melrose chases after me, turning me around to face her.

"Baby, why you trippin? We all make mistakes. I mean you fucked my brother and  my both of my cousins and I forgave you!" Melrose tries to defend.

"Trynna kill someone is way different!" I yell.

"Listen, I love you but I gotta kinda admit, from Alize side of things, sounds like y'all deserved it. Well, maybe not you so much, tho you did fight her at the club the other night but definitely Majesty and Desiree." Melrose says, with her eyes low.

"You're condoning Alize shooting your fam and beating on 2 pregnant girls? Melrose, your mind is fucked. Lose my number. I hate you!" I push Melrose off me and drive away with tears streaming down my face.

I drive back to my place and pack all of my stuff. I look up a pregnancy retreat in Denver, Colorado and book my stay for 5 months. I head to the hospital and ask the doctor if I could see Majesty.  He asks if I'm family, I explain to him that he's the father to my unborn babies and I'd like to see him before I leave. He guides me into the hospital room and tells me I have 20 minutes until I have to leave. Majesty rests on the hospital bed, motionless, like he's in the most peaceful sleep. I hug his muscular body and kiss him on his lips. I whisper in his ear "We will be fine. See you in 5 months." Tears fall from my eyes  onto his stomach where I lay my head for a minute. My heart fills with pain as I let go of his hand and head off to the Airport. Upon arriving to the Namaste Resort Pregnancy Retreat Center, I am greeted by a nice, warm, old woman named Kate who guides me to a small apartment like suite, equipped with all things custom made for expecting mothers. Kate tells me that food will be delivered to my suite or I have the option to eat at the indoor café with the rest of the expecting mothers. Also, Kate  informs me about the sauna, gym,  spa and prenatal classes all included in my stay. If I would like, I could have one visitor a week and I must check in with the Retreat Center's nurse weekly to insure a safe and healthy pregnancy.