Chapter 7-Alone

Realizing that I'm left at the bowling alley all alone, with no ride home, I become sad. I thought Niall would have at least come back to rescue me but it's been over an hour, so he's not gonna come back, not at this hour.

"Hey, we're closing now," the man behind the counter tells me.

"Alright," I mumble.

"Weren't you with that guy that got mobbed? Now what was his name? Niall, I think it was."

"Yeah."

"Well, would you like a ride home? I have no problem driving you," he asks.

"Sure," I whisper.

"Alright just give me a few minutes to pack up and then we'll get you home," the guy says as he turns off all the lights, "my name's Dustin."

"Liz."

"So are you dating Niall?" Dustin asks.

"It's complicated," I blurt.

"Complicated how?"

"It's way too much to explain and it's kinda personal," I mutter.

Dustin leads me to his car and I hop in the passenger's seat. He turns the key, turning on the engine. I look out the window until he gets on the road and then admire Dustin's beautiful features. He reminds me of Harry and Zayn combined. He's attractive. I could kiss him, and I think I want to.

"I really need to learn how to drive," I laugh, breaking the silence.

"It's fun, if you know what you're doing. What's your address?"

"431 Oakwood Drive," I tell him.

"The rich neighborhood," Dustin says.

"The what?" I question, never hearing that name before.

"It's the neighborhood with all the elegant, expensive houses that look like they're worth like a gazillion dollars. Apparently I've heard that all the people that live there never really socialize and are snooty-"

"Not Niall and his friends. They're so friendly," I deny.

"Well if he is friendly, I think that he would've come back to get you," Dustin argues, causing me to become silent.

Maybe this is what Zayn's warning meant. Maybe he knew that we were gonna get mobbed and I was gonna get stranded.......

Or maybe it was something completely different........

Remaining quiet the rest of the drive, Dustin finally pulls into the driveway. I thank him for the ride and then head up the front steps. I grab my keys from my pocket and use them to open the door. I step inside and as I shut the door I watch as Dustin backs his car out of the driveway. I lock the door and make my way into the living room only to notice that Niall's not home, but everyone else is.

"Where's Niall?" I ask.

"Wasn't he with you?" Harry replies.

"He was. We went bowling and we got mobbed-"

"I knew that was gonna happen-" Zayn interrupts.

"Why?" I ask.

"Because we're not normal! And we never will be! We can no longer go out and do normal things with normal people because we're only gonna get mobbed! Lemmie guess, Niall took off without you once people realized it was him and then he didn't come back to get you, did he?"

"No," I mumble, feeling tears form in my eyes from the thought that he would just abandon me like that.

"It's OK," Louis whispers as he gives me a comforting hug, "it was really the only thing that he could do. Those girls would've killed him if he went back to get you. I'm sure he would've gone back to get you if he had he chance-"

"Yeah right," Zayn mutters.

"Why are you so against us going out?" I ask.

"It's not a good reason-"

"I don't care. I wanna hear it anyway."

"Because he's not a good boyfriend. There, I said it. Are you happy now? No, too bad."

"What do you mean he's not a good boyfriend? He's such a gentleman," I deny.

"Hey guys-Liz I'm so sorry. I just couldn't shake the girls that were chasing me. But no worries, I finally lost them," Niall interrupts, not allowing Zayn to explain his reasoning.

"I'm going to bed," Zayn states as he pulls his shirt up over his head.

"Hey, Malik," I stop him, "we're not done here."

"Oh, I think we are," he smirks as he heads upstairs.