Chapter 44-I Really Love You....No Not You

Well, I'm screwed. I just can't win anymore can I? Louis' pissed at me, beyond pissed I should say. I admit I still like Louis, but I could never love him as much as I love Liam. He treats me just like every man should treat their women. I'm just so afraid to tell the rest of the band about my engagement, especially if they're all gonna act the way Louis did when he found out. If these boys don't love like they act like they do, they're playing a very dangerous game that I no longer wanna play. I know as soon as I tell them, old feelings are gonna arise, causing problems once again with Liam and I.

"Everything alright?" Harry asks as he peeks his head into the living room to notice my sadness.

"Not really......" I mumble.

"What's going on?" He asks when he joins me on the couch.

"Do you think Liam and I are gonna last?" I ask him, changing the subject.

"Why are you asking me this?"

"I don't know. Louis found the ring and he completely lost it-"

"Wait," Harry pauses, "what ring?!?"

"The engagement ring Liam bought me," I whisper.

"THE WHAT?!?" Harry freaks out, causing me to whimper at the thought of everyone being angry with the news.

Harry suddenly realizes that his reaction hurt my feelings, so he's quick to comfort me and apologize. I push him away and head out into the garage where no one will find me. I hide in front on Harry's Range Rover and take a seat on the concrete. I glance behind me to see if one of the boys followed me in here and when I realize that I'm slowly becoming alone once again, I begin to cry. These boys are just pretending to love me, yet I still live with them. My life at home is honestly no better than the life that I have here.

"Hello?" I hear someone's voice call, but I just remain silent so they don't find me and begin hammering me with questions such as why I'm sitting alone in the garage, "hello? Anyone in here?"

I bury my face into my knees and just curl up into a ball. When I feel someone's hand become placed on my back, I become startled. I bet he can tell that I've been crying.

"Is there a reason why you're in the garage?" Liam asks.

"I just wanna be alone," I mumble as I sit my head on my knees.

"Alright," he sighs before he gets to his feet, "where's your ring?"

"What ring?" I ask, playing stupid.

"The engagement ring. You were wearing it earlier."

"Oh that ring. It's in my pocket," I lie.

"Well put it on. Don't you want to share the good news with everybody?"

No, not really. I bet he's only making me wear it to piss everybody off. Well, guess what Liam, it's working......

"I already did and now they all hate me. Especially Louis and Harry."

"They're just jealous that I won you and they didn't-"

"Oh, so I was a prize this entire time to see who could pretend to love me the most-"

"I'm not pretending-"

"That's not what all the other boys say," I snap.

"Because they just want you to believe them. We've been through so much together and you're just acting like you wanna throw all that history away just because the rest of the boys believe that I don't truly care about you," Liam yells.

"Louis also said that you don't trust me and that you blame me for every little thing that goes wrong," I tell him.

"You kissed Louis! Of course I'm not gonna trust you-"

"HE KISSED ME!!!" I scream, "and you know what? I'm sick and tired of our constant fighting. If you have issues with being with me, than I'm done. I'm flat out done with you. I'm tired of trying to make things work even though we both know that it's not gonna work like we wanted to. News flash Liam, fairytales don't come true."

Feeling angry tears fall down my cheeks, I quickly stand up and begin to make my way out of the garage.

"Oh, and one more thing," I state after I glance back behind me looking at Liam one last time, "Louis told me that you only proposed as a way to thank me for saving your life. You're pathetic! You never meant it. You just did it to be nice, and niceness gets you nowhere in life."

I slam the garage door in his face before he has a chance to follow me and try to make things right. I knew we could never make things work.....

I head into the bathroom and pull out my favorite razor that I use for cutting and stroke it across my wrist. I wince when I feel the first sting, but then I feel better. When I hear someone knocking on the door, I open it up and immediately hug them, unsure of who exactly it is. I bury my face in his chest, releasing tears that I never even knew existed. I feel a soft hand cup my face and tilt it up to reveal ocean blue eyes that I literally just became lost in.

"What's wrong?" Niall asks before he places a gentle kiss on the top of my head.

"Liam proposed and now we called things off. We got in a fight," I whisper.

"I'm sorry. We told you he was no-" Niall stops himself when he realizes that I start crying more when he says that.

"Love sucks," I cry.

"Well they call it heartbreak for a reason," Niall chuckles, trying to make me feel better, but fails.

"I knew I asked for too much......." I mumble.

Happily ever after my ass........