Chapter 37-A New Mother

"Hi Dylan," I whisper softly.

"He looks exactly like Louis," Harry notices.

"I don't see it."

"Oh I sure do. Especially in his eyes," he states, "oh god what's wrong now?"

"I just.....I'm so afraid to tell Liam about his daughter. This is the second time he's lost a daughter."

"You'll get through this......." Harry whispers.

"I'm really tired....." I whine, "that baby took all of my energy out of me."

"I'm not surprised after all that screaming you did," Harry chuckles.

"If I had enough energy to lift up my arm I'd slap you so hard right now, but I'm tired and I have to pee."

"Am I supposed to get a nurse to help you get up or are you supposed to just get up yourself?" Harry asks.

"Get a nurse," I tell him.

Harry quickly walks out of the room to go get a nurse to tell him/her that I need assistance. When he comes back in, he has a female nurse with him.

"What can I help you with?" The nurse asks as she walks up to the side of my bed.

"I need to go to the bathroom," I answer.

"Alright. Here, take my hand and I'll pull you up," she instructs.

Harry quickly comes over and helps the nurse pull me out of bed. When I stand up, I feel something running down my legs. I look down only to notice blood pouring down my legs. I scream in shock as I gasp only to notice Harry's eyes grow wide.

"Ummm........" Harry mumbles, unsure of what he should say.

"It's perfectly normal," the nurse states, "you're going to be bleeding for at least another six weeks."

"Oh fun," I mutter, "it's basically an endless period."

Harry chuckles at the sound of annoyance in my voice as I push the bathroom door open. I sit down on the toilet and do my business. When I stand up, I notice nothing but blood in the toilet. Oh god. This is gonna suck. I flush the toilet and hobble out of the bathroom back to my bed. I watch as the nurse grabs a towel and cleans up the bloody mess that I left on the floor. I feel so embarrassed right now, bleeding in front of Harry. And I can guarantee you that he knows exactly where I'm bleeding. I know I shouldn't be embarrassed because Harry's seen me like this before, but for some reason, I am just a tad bit embarrassed. I cover myself up with my blankets when I witness another nurse carrying Dylan back into the room. I smile when I see my baby.

"You can start breastfeeding Dylan now," the nurse speaks up, causing Harry's eyes to go wide, probably because he has no idea how breastfeeding works, yet he seems very interested in learning about it.

"I'm not sure how to do that," I tell her.

"I'll show you," she explains.

She shows me how I should cradle Dylan in my arms, showing me where I should place my hands. Harry just stands and watches me the entire time. I guarantee you that he can notice my uneasiness.

"And then you do this and Dylan should do the rest," the nurse concludes as Dylan begins sucking on my nipple.

"This just seems very awkward right now," I giggle, "you can almost feel the awkwardness in the room."

Instead of replying, Harry just chuckles. The smile on his face still hasn't left.

"You have no idea how proud I am of you right now," he smiles.

"Thanks Harry," I whisper when I feel as though he's watching me, "you're staring at Dylan sucking on my boob right now aren't you?"

"I can't help it!" Harry laughs, "it's just so weird-"

"You're a perve," I mutter.

"I'm not a perve. I'm just very fascinated right now that's all."

"Suree," I mumble sarcastically, "this is Liam's territory right here anyway," I state, causing Harry to burst out into laughter when he figured out what I meant.

"And the guys say that I'm the one with the dirty mind," he shakes his head.

"I just can't believe that I'm a mother," I whisper, feeling a smile crawl onto my face.

"Is it safe to come in?" I hear a voice ask.

"Niall! Guys! You came," I gleefully smile.

"Of course we came. Why wouldn't we?" Eleanor asks.

"Well I figured that you guys would be with Liam," I reply.

"He wants a picture of you and Dylan. He wants to see his son," Niall tells me as he pulls out his phone.

I shift my position in my bed, causing Harry to shoot me a look of concern. They deserve to know but is now the right time to tell them?

"I can see some mental communication going on around here," Louis states as he points to Harry and I, "what's going on?"

"I had a miscarriage," I blurt unexpectedly.

Everyone just looks at each other, giving each other looks of confusion, clearly not believing me.

"I was supposed to have a baby girl too. They were twins but my baby girl didn't make it," I explain.

Louis' face quickly drops when I finish my sentence. It's his child too so I understand his sadness.

"Come here Louis," I whisper as I hold my arms open.

Louis quickly walks into my arms and begins crying in my shoulder. I run my hands up and down his back as he continues sobbing. Louis is taking things a lot harder than I expected him to.

I hear a knock on my door and everyone turns around to see who it is. I gasp in surprise when I notice Liam come into the room in a wheelchair with a nurse. I am not telling him about the baby girl. What he doesn't know won't kill him.

"Hey," I smile.

"Hi," he replies, "what's his name?"

"Dylan Riley Payne," I answer as I notice Louis' face drop when he hears Payne instead of Tomlinson.

"I love it," he smiles back, "can I hold him?"

"Sure," I reply as I gently pass him into Liam's arms causing a huge smile to spread across his face.

We're interrupted by another door knock, only this time.......

It's Zayn.......