Chapter 46-Lost And Found

Shit, shit, shit, shit, shit, SHIT!!! I can't believe I lost Liam's ring. He paid so much for that ring and now it's gone....I duck down to look underneath the couch to see if my ring somehow got under there and then I find nothing but dust bunnies. Yup. I'm screwed. God what am I gonna do?!? I GOT IT!! Where's the computer?!? When I find a laptop sitting on the island in the kitchen, I run out to get it. I press the power button only to see that I need a password. Wonderful.....What kind of password would the guys use on the computer? Well, there's only one thing that I can think of. I type in my guess and then it says it's loading. How convenient, the password is One Direction, of course.....I click on the internet and try to find the site that Liam used to buy my ring. Oh, Kay Jewelers, here we go. I click on the website and attempt to find my ring. I click on the engagement ring tab which pulls up all the engagement rings that they carry, and click through an endless number of pages to find Liam's ring. On the 13th page, I finally find the ring. I click on the picture only to find that it costs $14,250. Holy shit I don't have that kind of money just lying around, unlike the boys. How am I supposed to pay for this?!? I don't have a job. Well, I guess I need one now if I expect to be able to rebuy the ring. I have a feeling I'm just wasting my money because I'm basically just gonna end up giving the money to Liam. I should just come out and tell him I lost it, but he'll get mad at me. At least if I have a ring he won't be mad, even if it's not the same ring that he gave me. I click the purchase button and then click on store and then it says that I have to pick it up in the store. I decide to pay by credit card so I dart upstairs and look for someone's wallet. If I borrow their credit card and promise that I'll pay them back, I'm sure they won't be mad. I walk into Eleanor's room to notice that her purse is here, so I grab her wallet and run back downstairs. I pull out her credit card and type in the pin number when asked to on the website. Purchase successful! WOOHOO!!! Now all I need is a ride to Kay Jewelers.....I run into the garage to find Harry's Range Rover parked, so I head back inside to look for his keys. I find them sitting on the island so I run back out to the garage and hop in. If I get caught, I'm screwed because I don't have a license. I hop in, start the ignition, and just pray that I don't die as soon as I pull out of the driveway.

I pull into the Kay Jewelers parking lot and jog inside.

"Can I help you?" A girl with a nametag that reads Nicole asks.

"Yes. I just purchased a ring online and it said that I could pick it up in the store right away," I explain.

"Alright. What's the name?" She asks.

"Liz-I mean Eleanor Calder," I correct myself.

"Alright. It'll just be a moment," she smiles fakely. I bet she hates her job.

Nicole types in information on the computer and when she finds my order, she says "aha, here we go". I watch her as she heads into the back room and within seconds she comes back with Liam's ring. Oh thank god it's the same ring.

"Here you go," she says as she hands me the box containing the ring.

"Thank you so much," I sincerely tell her and then rush out of the store.

I hop back into Harry's car and pull out of the parking lot to head home. I pull into the garage to notice that they're still not home, thank god. I run through the garage door and when I peek out the window, I see the boys walking up the driveway with bags from Wal-Mart. I dart over to the couch, sit down, and flick on the TV, trying to look natural.

"We're back," Harry calls.

"Oh.......hey," I reply after I flick off the TV.

"Do you have my ring?" Liam asks.

"Yeah, right here," I semi lie.

"Thanks," he smiles, "I'm sorry for not trusting you."

"I'm sorry too," I whisper, not really wanting to get back together with Liam.

"Hey Liz, can I talk to you about something?" Niall asks as he heads upstairs.

"Sure," I mutter as I follow him.

Niall stops directly in front of my room, and then enters, walking right over to my desk.

"What's this?" Niall asks as he holds up my list.

"Harry suggested that I write a list of your guys' pros and cons to help me decide who I should truly be with considering I've gone through way too many heartbreaks with you guys," I explain.

"Well.......by this diagram, I'd say Harry's your best match," Niall states.

"Yeah, but Harry doesn't think of me as a girlfriend. He thinks of me as his sister. His best friend, and nothing more," I sigh.

"Are you saying that you want to go out with Harry? You wish that you two were more than friends?"

"I might.........I don't know....." I whisper.

"One more thing," he catches himself before he leaves my room, "I found this in the living room earlier," he reveals as he holds out the ring.

I gasp in shock and then face palm when I realize that I wasted about $15,000 of Eleanor's money for nothing!

"What's the problem?" Niall asks as he notices my anger, "this is yours, right?"

"It was. Liam wanted it back and then when I went to go find it I couldn't so I went online and bought the same ring for about $15,000. I used Eleanor's credit card only to find out that I wasted all that money for nothing," I blurt.

"You did what?!?" Niall shouts, stunned.

"I wasted $15,00-"

"Yeah, I heard you. I'm just surprised that you went to so much trouble over an engagement ring."

"I didn't want him to be angry with me-"

"Well Eleanor's gonna be very angry with you," Niall interrupts.

"I knew that he wanted the ring back and when I couldn't find it I panicked. It was the only thing I could think of doing," I mumble.

"And "hey Liam I lost your engagement ring" suddenly isn't good enough?" Niall asks.

"I figured he'd be mad, thinking that I'm irresponsible."

"So you just go and waist her money?!?"

"I'm sorry!!" I yell as I begin to cry.

I snatch the ring out of Niall's hand and stomp downstairs, only to see Liam waiting for me at the bottom of the steps.

"Hi......" I mumble.

"This isn't the ring I gave you is it?" He asks as he holds it up.

Not feeling as though I'm able to control my emotions any longer, I burst into tears on the steps. Liam puts his hand on mine and begins comforting me.

"When I realized I lost the ring, or at least I thought I did," I say as I hand him the original ring, "I went online to Kay Jewelers and bought the same ring. I never knew you paid $15,000 for a ring. Since I didn't know how to pay for it, I swiped Eleanor's credit card and paid for it that way. Then I took Harry's Range Rover-"

"You took my car?!?!?" Harry freaks out as he darts to the garage, probably thinking that I wrecked it.

"I took Harry's Range Rover and drove up to Kay Jewelers and got the ring. But then when Niall showed me the ring that you gave me, I realized that I just made a huge mistake of going and buying another ring. I just didn't want you to be upset with me for losing a $15,000 ring," I mumble as tears continue falling.

"Hey, listen," Liam calmly and softly whispers before he cups my face, making me look at him, "no one's ever gone to that much trouble just to make me happy. You did it to make sure you didn't get in trouble. However, I'm mad at you because you took Eleanor's credit card and spent $15,000 on a ring that you never even lost in the first place. I'm sure I can just drive back up to Kay Jewelers and return both rings with no problem."

"I'm sorry Liam," I whisper.

"It's alright," he replies as he kisses my temple softly, standing up, and then walking out the front door with both of the rings to return them and get his money back.

I honestly think that that's the first time that Liam and I have had a conversation where we didn't fight..........