Chapter 38-By My Side

• Dedicated to Cory Monteith

"Z-Zayn," I stutter nervously.

"Can I come in?" He asks.

"I don't know. Are you gonna threaten people's lives like last time?" I snap.

"I'm really sorry about that," he apologizes.

"I'm sure you are," I mutter sarcastically.

Zayn eventually figures that it's safe to come inside, so he nervously does so. He takes a seat in the far corner of my room, away from everyone else. Liam has Louis wheel his wheelchair over closer to me and I thank Liam for constantly bugging the nurses to allow him to come see me.

"You look tired," I whisper to Liam.

"I am tired," he yawns.

"Then go to sleep. I'll be fine."

I glance away and then back at Liam only to see that he's dozed off. He looks so cute when he sleep. As everyone's sitting in awkward silence, mostly because of Zayn, we are all startled when Dylan begins crying. I pick him up and cradle him in my arms.

"Are you hungry?" I ask Dylan, only resulting in him crying more, "I'll take that as a yes."

I cradle Dylan as he begins sucking, resulting in the boys staring at me. I roll my eyes, causing them to begin chuckling. Perves......

"Why are you here?" I ask Zayn.

"I wanted to see you."

"What's all the screaming about?" Liam asks in his ever-so sexy sleepy voice.

"It's just Dylan. He's grumpy," I answer.

"Liz? Can I talk to you out in the hallway for a minute?" Louis speaks up.

"Alright," I whisper.

I hand Dylan over to Harry for a moment while I go out into the hallway to speak to Louis. I walk out first while Louis follows behind me and then he shuts the door when we are both out in the hallway. I look at him, waiting for him to begin speaking, but he just stands there in silence.

"I want Dylan," Louis mumbles.

"B-b-but you have your own little one on the way. Why Dylan?"

"Because I know Dylan will never be as perfect as the one that Eleanor's carrying," he admits, "he's just so amazing and sweet and.........."

"Are you regretting getting Eleanor pregnant?" I ask.

"At times like right now, yes."

"Do yourself a favor, don't break up with her," I finish as I push the door open to go back inside with the boys.

"Hi," Zayn whispers as he gets awfully close to my face.

"Alright what do you want?" I ask as I head back over to my bed.

"I think you know......." Zayn trails off.

"I'm not leaving Liam," I state, feeling my voice beginning to raise.

"What's it gonna take to get you to leave him?" He asks.

"I'm not leaving him. Not now. Not ever," I snap.

"I just wanna make things right with you-"

"Oh, really? Because it only seems to me that it looks like you just wanna get in my pants, which ain't gonna happen," I sternly reply.

Noticing our argument, Harry, Louis, and Niall all stand up and stand behind me, showing Zayn that we're a team, and we're not going down without a fight. We'd wake up Liam, but he's tired and exhausted so we're just gonna let him enjoy his beauty sleep.

"I think it'd be best for everyone if you just left right now," Niall states.

"I just-"

"Later," I snap as I kick him out of my room and lock the door behind me.

"Wasn't that a little harsh?" Eleanor asks.

"He just wants me for sex," I tell her.

"He was being easy on you. Now that you refused he's gonna start playing harder. He's gonna get what he wants, and what he wants is you."

"Yeah, well I won't give myself up to him. I'm not breaking up with Liam just to sleep with Zayn. I don't like him anymore. In fact I can't stand him. I have no idea what got into him, but whatever it is I don't like it......." I reply.

"We'll stand by you," Harry states as he wraps an arm around my shoulder.

"I won't let him hurt you," Louis chimes in.

"We'll protect you....and Dylan......and Liam," Niall concludes.

"I'm glad to hear you guys say that," I smile as I give each of them a kiss on the cheek.

When I go to give Louis a kiss, I can feel lips on mine. As I open up my eyes, I notice Louis is kissing me back. I feel my eyes grow wide when I see what he's doing and then I feel him smiling into our kiss. I try to pull away but then I feel Louis' arms wrap around my waist, forcing me to stay. I hear people gasp and then I feel someone else's arms wrap around my waist, pulling me away from Louis. I glance behind me to see that it's Harry, and he's shooting Louis a look of disgust. I look back over at Louis to see that he's actually happy. He's grinning from ear to ear.

"I knew it........" Louis mumbles happily as he tries to approach me.

When Louis steps closer, I just cling onto Harry for dear life as I bury my face into his chest. Well at least I'm not crying.......

"How could you?!?!" I hear Liam yell.

Oh no........

"This is all your fault!" I shout at Louis before I storm out of the hospital room down the hallway to who knows where.

I honestly don't care where I'm going.......

I just wanna get away from these pigs........