Chapter 51-Prentending To Not Care Is Harder Than It Seems

*1 Hour Later*

Harry and I have been sitting outside for a good hour or so now waiting for the boys to come home. I suddenly remember my key necklace so I spring up and unlock the door, allowing us to enter.

"You've been wearing that key the whole time and you just remembered it now?" Harry snaps, probably feeling as though we just wasted an hour of our life, which we pretty much did.

"Harry......." I trail off before I speak anymore.

"What?" He asks.

".............................Nevermind," I say after a short pause.

"No, tell me."

"It's stupid."

"I wouldn't care if you told me that rhinos are unicorns. I still wanna know what you were gonna say," he chuckles.

"I was just gonna ask why you kissed me," I mumble.

"Because I'm in love with you," he whispers softly.

"What?" I ask.

"I'm in love with you," he answers louder, "I always have been.............But I know your heart belongs to someone else so just forget it."

"Harry......." I sigh before he walks away.

I hear the front door open to see everyone come inside. Eleanor's holding Casey and Zayn's holding Dylan.

"Hi buddy!" I cheer as I take Dylan from Zayn's arms, "mommy's missed you."

I tickle Dylan's tummy, causing him to flail his arms and legs, giggling like crazy. I smile knowing that I'm able to hold my son in my arms again. I thought I would never see him again......

"He's adorable," Louis mumbles.

"Thanks," I smile, "he is your son."

"I remembered that now," he laughs.

I'm still so tied. These boys are amazing, but I still don't know which one I'm choosing.....Harry's crushed, but I may still have feelings for Louis. And Zayn's still madly in love with me. Niall and Liam are definitely not gonna be the one. I've had enough with the two of them. It makes sense if I choose Louis because he's Dylan's father but he's also Casey's father.

Feeling as though I'm gonna end up ripping my hair out from all the drama and stress, I put Dylan back in his stroller and leave the house with him, walking down the sidewalk. I arrive at the neighborhood park and let Dylan come out of his stroller to play with the other small children. I sit on the bench and just run my hands through my hair, thinking........and then it hits me. I know exactly what I need to do. Remembering what Adrian did on The Secret Life of The American Teenager, I collect Dylan and quickly make my way back home to finally determine who my knight in shining armor will truly be.

"Guys?" I call when I walk through the front door, "I need you all for a second."

"Sure. What?" Louis replies as he walks into the foyer while cradling Casey.

Without hesitation, I make my way over to Louis, grab his face, and kiss him romantically, searching for sparks. I pull away, seeing Louis with a stunned expression on his face. I smile at his shocked face because it is probably the cutest thing that I have ever seen. 

It's not Louis.........

"Zayn? Liam? Niall? Harry?" I call.

Not even a minute passes when I see Liam, Zayn, and Niall appear in the foyer. But Harry's still nowhere to be found. Is he really that upset over the kiss?!? I walk over to Zayn and kiss him, but quickly pull away. 

"What was that for?" Zayn asks.

"I'm just trying to figure out something," I quickly mumble, "have you guys seen Harry?"

"He's upstairs in his room," Louis states, and as soon as he answers my question I dash upstairs.

I reach Harry's room and knock on his door before proceeding inside.

"What do you want?" He angrily asks.

"To do this," I answer as I lean in for a kiss.

I begin to lean in, but Harry quickly pushes my face away, rejecting my kiss. I stand in utter shock. He kissed me about 15 minutes ago and now he doesn't even want me to be in the same room as him.....

"Harry......." I whisper, "what's the matter?"

He just continues playing on his computer, ignoring my question. I lost him to a computer. How pathetic........ That's almost as pathetic as the time when he freaked out over me driving his car...... I worry about him sometimes......

Realizing that I have no other way to grab his attention, I slam his laptop shut and take it.

"What the fuck?!? Give it back!" Harry demands.

"Not till I talk to you," I state and then hold the laptop up in the air when he attempts to grab it, "what is bothering you?"

"Nothing!" 

"So then why have you been acting like a douche since we kissed? What was so wrong about it that doesn't make you wanna kiss me again?"

"Nothing was wrong with the kiss. It was perfect."

"So then why don't you wanna kiss me again?" I ask.

"I..................I just can't OK!" Harry replies, refusing to answer my question.

"You can......." I mumble when I place a hand on my shoulder.

"We're just better off as friends......." Harry mutters, "when I kissed you.......I felt sparks. And I guess the sparks just scared me away. We're great friends, and, if we go out, have a major fight and break up, I don't want that to ruin our perfect friendship. Go date someone else because I don't want to. I don't want to risk breaking your heart."

"But you'll never be happy," I whisper.

"I can live with that......."

I give Harry a weak, understanding smile, and walk out of the door of Harry's room.

"I love you Liz......." I hear Harry mumble.

"I love you too Harry," I say as I peer my head back into the doorway and hand Harry his laptop.

Harry blushes, clearly caught. I walk back downstairs and head out into the dining room in search of Niall. When I see him sitting at the table alone eating a donut, I walk over and have a seat next to him.

"Hi," I smile, waiting for the right time to kiss him.

"Hey. What's up?"

"Nothing," I lie.

"You find Harry?" Niall asks.

"Oh, yeah. He was just in his room playing on his laptop."

"That's good," Niall states awkwardly, unsure of what else to say, "so, why did you want Harry?"

"I needed to ask him something," I blurt unexpectedly.

I watch Niall finish the rest of his donut and then lick his fingers, cleaning them off. Realizing it's now or never, I quickly kiss Niall, feeling the burning sensation of fireworks as we kiss. He's the one, other than Harry, but he doesn't want to be anything more than friends unfortunately. I giggle when I pull away and then kiss him again, suddenly feeling happy again for once in my life. But I'm still afraid he'll break up with me again like last time. I just don't wanna get my heart broken again......