Chapter 41-We Can't Just Leave Him

"Oww," I mutter.

"You're OK," Harry reassures me.

I look around my room to notice that I'm back in the hospital. What happened?!?

"W-what happened?" I ask.

"You saved Liam resulting in you getting shot by Annabelle. When we carried you back here they gave you morphine to make you sleepy while they tried to take the pain away. You're better now," Zayn explains softly.

"Where's Liam?" I reply.

When I ask the question, Zayn and Harry just shoot each other a look, unsure of what to answer.

"Guys please don't hide anything from me. Don't lie to me," I state, "where's Liam?"

I can tell that they don't wanna tell me. They know whatever it is will upset me.

"Guys?" I ask as I patiently await a response.

"I just think it's best if we wait to tell you," Harry whispers as he wipes a tear away.

I hate it when they hide things from me.....

I glance at Zayn but he just keeps his head down, avoiding eye contact. A nurse comes in and tells me that I'm being released so Harry heads downstairs to get the car while Zayn stays with me.

"You wanna tell me where Liam went?" I ask.

"I.......I can't. Not right now at least."

"But-"

"Please don't be difficult Liz. We want to tell you because you deserve to know but we can't-"

"And why not?"

"Because we don't exactly know where he went. While we were taking you back he said that he had to go somewhere for a minute and that he would be right back but he never came back," Zayn explains.

"But-"

"Liz......just forget about it-"

"No I can't. I need him-"

"Are you doing anything tonight?" He asks out of the blue.

"No," I mumble.

"Well now you are."

"What are you talking about?" I ask.

"I'm gonna take you out on a date. With me," Zayn states proudly.

"So now you're making me go on a date with you. You're not giving me a choice, are you?"

"No, not really," Zayn chuckles.

The nurse that has been taking care of me comes back into the room once more with a wheelchair to push me outside. Zayn pushes my wheelchair while the nurse walks alongside us. When we walk out the front doors, I notice Harry parked alongside the curb, waiting in his car. Harry hops out of the car when he sees me and opens up the back passenger door. The nurse and Zayn all help me step inside the car and shuts the door after I enter. Zayn follows me and hops in the passenger seat.

"How are you feeling?" Harry asks as he puts the car in drive and exits the hospital.

"I feel better. I just have a headache. Where are Louis and Eleanor?"

"She went into labor. They're at the hospital. It's best if we just get you home and then if you're feeling better we can go see them later," Zayn tells me.

"What did she name it? What did she have?" I ask.

"She had a baby girl. She named her Casey. Louis texted me a picture," Harry says as he hands me his phone to show me the picture of Casey.