Chapter 33-It's All Downhill From Here.....Literally

I anxiously await the arrival of Harry and the others, god it seems like forever since I left him that voicemail, when in reality it's only been like five minutes.

"Should we drive to the hospital?" Liam's mother asks.

"You can go on ahead. I'd rather wait for Harry," I mumble.

"Are you sure it's really worth waiting for them? You don't know if he even got the message. For all we know Liam could already-"

"Please don't go there," I beg, "I don't need to think of him that way right now. I already have way too much on my plate."

"Liz, I honestly don't think it's worth waiting. I agree with my mom, for once," Ruth states.

"Who's driving?" I ask, basically agreeing with them that I should just go right away instead of waiting for Harry.

Ruth, Nicola, and Liam's mom smile, glad that I'm agreeing with them. We all hop in Liam's mom's car and take off down the street to the nearest hospital. We arrive about 30 minutes later to see an ambulance's lights flaring. I bet that's the ambulance that Liam is in. We pull into the emergency room parking lot and park. Liam's family helps me out of the car, only for me to feel weak five seconds later.

"I'm exhausted," I yawn.

"We should get you a wheelchair," Liam's mom suggests.

"I agree," I giggle.

After being practically dragged into the emergency room, I'm eventually brought a wheelchair by a very kind nurse.

"My name's Julie who are you here to see?" She asks.

"Liam Payne. I'm his girlfriend and this is his family," I answer.

"Alright. I'll check to see if he can have visitors right now," she states as she walks behind the counter and types in the computer, "Liam's in critical condition right now. They won't allow any visitors right now. Lemmie call maybe they'll allow family. I'm not sure."

I watch as Julie looks up the number for the area in which critical condition patients are in. She picks up the phone and dials the number when she finds it. A few seconds pass until I hear her talking on the phone. Realizing that I still haven't heard from Harry yet, I decide to text him saying that he should just come straight to the hospital because that's where I am. I press the send button and the message is sent.

"They said they will allow you to see him. They say that he's not good. The only thing is that there can only be a maximum of two visitors in the room at a time," Julie tells us.

"I guess Liam's mom and I will go in by ourselves for some time alone then," I whisper.

"Who wants to go first?" Ruth asks.

"I do. I NEED to see him. If he doesn't pull through this will kill me. I'll never be able to live with myself if he's not here to help raise this baby," I reply.

"But don't you need the wheelchair?" Nicola asks.

"I can walk. My legs are starting to fall asleep from sitting in this thing for so long anyway. I'll be fine."

As Julie unlocks and opens the door leading to the critical condition wing, I get myself up and out of the wheelchair.

"This way please," Julie whispers in a soft voice, "you can't be too loud in here."

I nod my head in response because it feels as though there's a huge lump of nervousness in my throat that's prohibiting me from speaking. When we walk through the long hallway that leads to a ginormous room filled with hospital beds blocked with curtains, Julie points to the bed that Liam's in. I look over to notice that there's a curtain blocking Liam. I thank Julie and then practically tiptoe my way over to his bed, only to be stopped by a doctor about five seconds later.