Chapter 26-Finding Zayn

*Harry's POV*

"Zayn?" I call as I walk down the hallway with the others.

"You found Zayn?" Louis asks.

"If I found Zayn do you really think I'd be walking down the hallway searching for him while calling his name?" I snap.

"No," Louis mumbles.

"Zayn?" Liam calls.

"ZAYN!!!" Niall yells.

"You found Zayn?" I ask excitedly.

"No, I just like to yell," Niall laughs. Ain't that the truth.

"Zayn?" We all call.

"Zayn? Where are you?" Liam asks.

"Hey, you guys find Zayn?" Eleanor asks as her and Liz appear at our sides.

"What are you guys doing here?" Liam asks as he rushes over to Liz.

"We wanted to help find Zayn," she answers, "this is all my fault. I'm the reason he fucked up his solo-"

"Liz it's not your fault he screwed up. It happens to everyone. Everyone forgets the words at least once in their life. Right, Louis?" I smirk, recalling the time that Louis forgot the words on stage. He said that he forgot the words and that he was making no attempt to remember them, resulting in the audience singing Louis' solo for him since he couldn't remember.

"Shut up," Louis mutters.

"It is all my fault," Liz mutters.

"Liz, it is not your fault!" I yell.

Seeming affected by my words, which she clearly took the wrong way, Liz takes off down the hallway in the opposite direction, clearly not wanting to believe that she is not the cause for Zayn's forgetfulness. I'm not making any attempts at running after her to explain myself because it's obvious that she's not gonna believe me. She overreacts at every little thing I say or do and it's beginning to piss me off. I look at the rest of the band to see their reactions only to notice that they didn't even seem to notice. They just keep to themselves and mind their own business. Eleanor looks at me and then I guess she realizes that I'm not running off after her so she runs off after Liz for me. Good. Less running for me to do. After Eleanor disappears by turning a corner at the other end of the hallway, the lads and I continue walking. We approach our dressing room and then we all stop dead in our tracks. We all look at each other, sending each other mental signals asking if we should enter, thinking that Zayn should be in here. We all nod at once and then the door swings open by the turn of a doorknob. We've gotta find Zayn. One Direction isn't complete without Zayn. We need him. We slowly enter the partially lit room. We all enter and then jump in surprise when the room suddenly becomes fully illuminated. I scream in terror and then turn around only to Niall laughing his ass off. He looks like he's about to piss himself he's laughing so hard.

"Niall!" I yell, "it's not funny!"

"HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!" Niall laughs.

"You suck," I mutter, "stop screwing around and search for Zayn."

"Fine," Niall replies, "what are we looking for?"

"Anything that will help us figure out where Zayn got off to," Liam answers.

We all split up into five different directions to cover more ground and finish our search easier. I head off into the far right corner of the dressing room to search.

"You guys find anything?" I call.

"Nada," Louis answers.

"What he said," Niall chimes in.

"Nothing here," Liam inputs.

"Hey guys, come over here," I call.

I stare in shock at my discovery. Zayn was definitely here all right. Not even a few seconds later when I feel the rest of our band huddle up around me. When they see what I've found, they gasp in surprise. I stare in dismay at the mirror. I can't believe it.

"Oh no. This is bad," Liam mumbles.

"What are we gonna do?" Niall asks.

"We're gonna find him. That's what we're gonna do," Louis answers cheerfully, obviously trying to remain on the positive side.

"This is bad. This is really really bad. This is super bad. What if we never see Zayn again?!? This is-" Liam rambles on and on.

"Liam calm down and shut up!" Louis interrupts, "we're gonna find him. No worries."

"Since when did you step up to the plate and become Mr. Responsible?" I smirk.

"Since I realized that I need you guys more than anything. Sure, this whole band thing is fun and everything, but when it turns into the next James Bond movie then you need to realize that you can't take anything for granted or else it'll be taken away from you in the blink of an eye," Louis answers maturely.

The boys and I just stare at Louis in awe, not believing a word that just came out of that boy's mouth.

"Alright who are you and what have you done with the real Louis Tomlinson?" Niall asks.

"Shut up," Louis mutters.

Louis, Liam, and Niall all become quiet and sulk out of the dressing room, probably realizing that they may never see Zayn again, ever. I turn my back to the mirror and begin to walk out when I realize that I should probably take a picture of this to preserve the evidence because it probably won't be here the next time we walk back into the dressing room. I whip out my phone, walk up to the mirror, and snap a picture, making sure that all the words are clearly visible in the picture, which they are. I save the photo and slip the phone into my back left pocket. I glance back at the mirror one more time and read the words written on it aloud to myself hoping to decipher what the message means.

"I can't do this anymore. Not after that. I'm done. It was nice knowing you guys. - Zayn," I read as I realize that the message was written in red lipstick.

Since when does Zayn own red lipstick?!?

I shrug off my unusual question and make my way out of the dressing room, turning the light off behind me as I close the door.

Does this mean that we may never see Zayn again?!?

Did Zayn leave us?!?