Chapter 43-You Can't Please Everybody

Liam pulls out a small red velvet box from his coat pocket after I say yes to his proposal. He opens the box, revealing a beautiful silver heart shaped engagement ring. I cover my mouth in shock and utter surprise as I watch him put the ring on my finger. When he's finished, I pull my hand close to my face, examining the ring. It fits perfectly. I finally found my missing puzzle piece.

"Liam.........it's beautiful," I eventually manage to say, "this must've cost you a fortune. You didn't have to spend this much money on me, your love is enough."

"I know, but I wanna make you feel special. Plus, I'm rich."

"You're amazing," I smile.

"Do you like it?" Liam asks.

"Like doesn't even begin to describe how much I'm in love with this ring," I giggle.

Liam pulls me in for a sweet kiss when suddenly we become interrupted by Niall. We become startled by his footsteps and then Liam and I awkwardly break our hold of each other, feeling caught.

"Sorry, are you guys in the middle of something?" Niall asks, clearly not meaning to be rude.

"N-no, we weren't. What's up?" Liam states.

"I was just wondering where you guys were-are you guys having a party and didn't bother to invite me?" Niall gasps when he looks around at his surroundings.

"You can stay if you want," Liam offers.

"Liam....." I whisper as I pull on the sleeve of his jacket, wanting to be alone.

"I'm just using common courtesy," Liam replies, "it's rude to just kick him out-"

"But this is supposed to be our night!"

"I should..........I should go," Niall mumbles while he points to the stairs.

"You don't have to," Liam tells him. What the hell does he think he's doing?!?

"Well it's clear to me that Liz doesn't want me here so........." Niall trails off as he heads up the stairs and closes the door behind him.

"What was that about?" Liam asks as soon as he hears the door close.

"I just want to be alone with you. If he stays he might find out we got engaged."

"So you don't want him to know because you're afraid it'll upset him?" Liam asks.

"A little....." I whisper.

"If you were really into this whole engagement thing you wouldn't care what they think," Liam states rather loudly.

Not wanting to get into a heated argument with Liam, because I know we will and then we'd end up splitting up once again, I just head upstairs, ending the conversation with Liam. If we're gonna fight every five seconds there's no way that we're gonna be able to make this relationship work. I sit down on the couch and just cover my face with my hands. I then remember that I'm wearing the engagement ring so I slip it off and hide it in the drawer of the side table located to my right.

"I'm home!" Louis calls after I hear the front door shut.

I walk over to Louis and give him a big hug, congratulating him.

"How is she?" I ask, referring to Eleanor.

"She's doing good. So it Casey."

"She looks just like Eleanor," I mention.

"Yeah. So why are you all dressed up?" Louis asks after he notices my attire.

"Liam planned a mini prom for the two of us in an attempt to take me back," I answer.

"Oh. So you're basically stuck with him now because he went to all that trouble to impress you and you don't wanna reject him and make him feel like he did all that work for nothing even though he tried his hardest," Louis suddenly snaps, catching me off guard.

"I guess you could put it that way," I mumble, suddenly feeling guilty.

Louis just shakes his head and walks out into the kitchen. I watch him walk away before I decide to head up to my bedroom to change into some pajamas, considering my little fairytale with Liam suddenly came to a screeching halt. I close my bedroom door and change. When I finish I hang up my dress in the closet and then make my way downstairs to see Louis on the couch, exactly where I was sitting earlier, with an upset look on his face.

"Everything OK?" I ask as I slowly proceed into the living room.

"I don't know. Is it?" He snaps.

"Well you seem upset," I respond.

"I am. Because you're being stupid!"

"What are you talking about?" I ask.

"I was looking for the TV remote earlier and I looked in the drawer where the remote is supposed to be and instead of finding the remote I find this," he argues as he flashes me my ring, "how could you?!?"

"I.........I just thought it was very sweet of him-"

"So if I went to all the trouble that Liam went to and then eventually proposed to you, you would say yes?" Louis snarls.

"I don't know.........maybe," I mumble.

"After all we've been through, you choose a guy that's just being nice. I actually cared about you! Liam and you fight every five seconds. And you wanna know why, because he doesn't trust you."

"He trusts me just as much as I trust him-"

"Oh really? Because when I kissed you he automatically assumed that you kissed me. And you wanna know why? Because he knows that you still have feelings for me. Just like I have feelings for you."

"I admit Liam and I do have some relationship issues-"

"Some? How bout everything is a issue in your relationship. He only proposed to you because you saved his life, you know that right? He thought he had to return the favor-"

"You're lying," I mutter.

"Am I? Like every single one of us have been telling you, everything we do is for your safety. I'm telling you this stuff now so you'll call things off before he dumps you. Because once he thinks that you've cheated........bye bye engagement," Louis explains, "you kept kissing me. You still like me-"

"I only kept kissing you because you held me to you so I couldn't break the kiss. You gave me no choice."

"And I'm giving you a choice right now.......dump Liam or he dumps you. Your choice," Louis snaps before he angrily throws the ring on the floor and stomps upstairs.

If this is how the rest of the boys are gonna react to my engagement to Liam, I think it's best if I just don't wear the ring...........but then what will Liam think?!?

Damn I've dug myself into a really deep hole with him and I can't seem to get myself out....

But do I really want out???

Was what Louis said true? Is Liam just faking his love for me? No......he still loved me before I saved his life. I'm sure he truly does love me. But if Liam and I don't sort out our issues he'll never see me in a white dress walking down the aisle straight to him......

It'll end up being to someone else.......