Coffee Break

Gerard has always been passionate about art. Lately he's been so into it, that I'm really starting to worry about him. He sleeps less and less, and when he does, it's more sleeping at his desk than in bed. He doesn't eat properly anymore, and seems just so into his work that everything around him just doesn't exist. I never was someone that needed constant attention, but lately his affection and attention was nearly down to zero percent. It seemed like he didn't notice me anymore, a weird as it sounds.
But I wasn't mad. I knew what it meant to him, so I just thought that phase would go by. But it didn't. He needed a break, I knew it. So I started confronting him softly. I opened the door to his art room, where I found him, like always, at his desk. He seemed to be sitting there since the last time he was out, still with his shoes, Parker, and hat on. He didn't react when I softly knocked at the door, so I just came in. I grabbed the empty coffee mug, replacing it with a new one, filled with the steaming liquid. He didn't look up, so I gave up, sighed, and turned to leave the room, but not without softly brushing my hand over his shoulder. Suddenly his hand caught mine, laying itself onto it, softly tracing circles on the back of my hand with his fingertips. I placed the empty mug on his desk, turning around to snake my arms around his neck, gently pushing my chest against his back as he leaned into my touch. My head laid itself on his shoulder, and he placed a kiss on top of it, letting his head fall back after that. "You wanna join me for a little nap?" I asked softly, my voic nearly a whisper. He seemed as if he wanted to say no, but sighed, putting the pen he had in his other hand down, letting a short approving sound escape him as he sipped on his new coffee.
--
As we laid down above the sheets, I could hear him sigh loudly. I cuddled up to him, taking his still far from relaxed figure in my embrace. He snaked his arms around my smaller figure, burying his head into my chest as I placed a kiss on his head. He was always the one holding me, always being the one to give me something to hold onto. But it felt nice having him in my arms, this time me being the one to calm him, to shield every bad thing away from him, to catch him. "You know.." His voice was raspy, silent even, but still holding a warmth in it that always lured me in. ".. I love you so much. And I'm sorry." I smiled slightly, tracing circles on his back. "Why are you sorry? There's nothing to be sorry for." I hummed. He shook his head, holding me even closer. "I've been ignoring you for days y/n.. That's not okay. God I feel so self centered.. And you're still here, caring for me as if-" I cut him off, burying my hand in his hair, softly petting the blond mess. "You have to work Gee, and that's okay. You love what you do, and that's awesome, you're awesome at what you do. Gerard and I'm here because I love you. You've been there for me for what, 5 years? I think it's about time I'm paying you back the affection an love you gave me, even if that's barely possible." His head turned upwards to meet my smiling face, his eyes showing disbelief but affection too. "God I really can't figure it out." I chuckled slightly, cupping his cheek with my hand, while the other one still rested on his back. "What do you mean?" He sighed softly, copying my actions by tracing his knuckles over my soft cheek. "I really don't know what I did to deserve you." I blushed, shaking my head slightly. "You're yourself, and that makes you worth so much. God I love you." I said, resting my forehead against his, and I felt him smile. His lips met mine for a short, but still loving kiss. "I love you too. God you're so perfect, how do-" he wanted to say something but was interrupted by a yawn, making me chuckle. He buried his head back into my chest, holding me close to him, drifting into a deep sleep with me. He needed his break. I knew that. We all need one. And that's okay.