Is it you or me?

A/N: this is gonna be pretty sad, not gonna lie. Its inspired by 'heavy is the cost'. So if you're not comfortable with sad imagines skip this chapter please.

When you loose someone, you can feel it before it happens. Lately his 'work' took more and more time, and you barely saw him anymore. You were supposed to be happy with him, you are nearly married after all. But nothing really reminds you that you are more than his.. well what were you anymore to him? The ring said fiancé, his soon to be wife, but the way he acted made you feel like he broke everything up and forgot you.
The door opened, but you didn't bother to greet the person walking in. Not anymore. But he didn't seem to notice. And it made you bury your head even more into your knees, your figure getting smaller on the spot on the couch you sat on for hours. And you made a decision.

You looked at your bed, that was now taken by two bags of your clothes and some other things you'd need. "Y/N you know where my- whoa wait wait wait what did I miss?!" He said, suddenly storming into the room, a shocked look on his face. His eyes darted from the bags on the bed to you, waiting for an answer. "You missed everything Gee." You said with a tired voice. "What.?" You took your bags over your shoulder and one in your hand, making your way around him, downstairs. He followed, his face showing terror. "No wait y/n where are you- fuck-" he tripped, stumbling after you, standing protectively in front of the door with both hands stretched out. "Please, why? What did I do? Was it because I was late? I-" you sighed. "Gerard. 4 hours ago you called telling me you're gonna be home in time. Then you come in here and completely ignore me. I thought 'okay, his day was bad, he needs to calm down.' I waited for an hour. And I finally gave up." He seemed shocked, not able to form words. You continued, keeping your head low. "And this is not the first time. Three weeks." He looked down now, like a child. "Why did you not show up?" You asked hesitantly. He didn't answer. "I'm sorry to be heavy right now Gee, but I want answers." He sighed. "I forgot." You chuckled, broken by this answer. You opened the door and grabbed your bag again, and he, again, walked after you. "What's gonna happen now? What about you and me?"you turned around, and looked a little angry, a little sad at the same time. "Is it you and me? Because I don't think it's that way Gerard." He winced a little at you calling him by his full first name. You never did that. "It wasn't meant to be. But I want you to be happy." You walked to the cab that already stood there, waiting for you. The driver was a good friend, he always drove you to work this past three weeks since gerard was too busy. He took your bags as gerard just stood there, watching every movement. The cab driver, David, patted your shoulder comfortingly, telling you to get inside. "Y/n..." You opened the door. "Please. You told me you wanted me to be happy,but I can't be fucking happy without you. I swear I'm gonna change I-" you smiled at him with a sad face. "It wasn't meant to be Gee. It wasn't meant to be." And with that, you got inside, closing the door, watching gerard grow smaller in the distance. He broke down onto his knees, and you had to put up every amount of strength not to cry. "These things can be scary-" David said. "And not always what you want." You nodded. "It's horrible. But I knew it would feel like this. It's normal. What can I say? Heavy is the cost."