Calm

A/N: this will contain social anxiety.

"I can't go in there, it's way too crowded-" your boyfriend sighed. "Y/N there are three people in the waiting room. It'll be okay, I'll be with you." You didn't respond, but heard him. Your eyes were fixated on the people you could see through the window already. Maybe someone was sitting next to the window and you just couldn't see them. That would mean there are even more people in there, and that would mean.. "Y/N? Y/N look at me." He'd turned your figure around, facing him. "Everything's alright. I'm here." You nodded. Not only did you struggle with social anxiety, but also weren't really fond of the dentist- at all. Gerard knew that and wanted to help. You know he only wanted to help you, and you really appreciated it, but your heart pounding wild in your chest talked a different language. You wanted to be calm. To be as relaxed about it as he was. But your mind couldn't tell your body to stop shaking.
He held your hand tightly as you walked inside. All eyes were on you for a moment that seemed like an eternity for you, but in reality it was only a second or two. Gerard talked for you since you struggled with it, and you were thankful for that. Only the waiting. You had to sit down and wait. Between all those people. The thought of it already sped your heart up, and it felt like everyone could hear its beating by now. But of course, that wasn't possible, but still, in your mind you felt that way. "y/n?" you could hear him. But you somehow couldn't process what he was saying. You couldn't move. "Hey, y/n, look at me." You couldn't. This was already so uncomfortable. So embarrassing, so terrifying, so-

Suddenly he took your Hand, and the cold air hit your face like a wave of water. It shook you gently, helping you get a hold on reality again, and your knees got weak from the feeling that flowed through your body. Gentle but firm arms caught you, and you could faintly hear a soothing voice, telling you that it's alright. "You okay?" you shook your head, whimpering and shutting your mouth instantly as you heard it. "hey, hey, shh.. c'mere." He said, gently taking you into his arms, kissing the top of your head. A nurse suddenly came out, and placed a Hand on your shoulder, her smile genuine and sweet. "Miss l/n, if you would like to come with me?" You looked up at Gerard, and the nurse chuckled. "He can stay with you." He smiled and nodded, and you stood up, the nurse leading you into the room the doctor already sat in. He smiled at you and shook your hand, then gerards.

"You know, you've gotten really brave towards the end." You shook your head. "No. I was a coward, and I was stupid, we both know that. But it's okay." You came to a stop at a red light and gerard looked at you. "No. And we both know that too." You sighed, staring out of the car window, watching everything pass by. You hated being so vulnerable every time you both went outside. You couldn't help it, and he'd told you he didn't mind many times, but still, it didn't help the frustration building up in your brain. You were in a little bit of pain, so even though the ride was short, you slept in, darkness surrounding you with its gentle hug.

Waking up to something wet hitting your nose wasn't how you thought your day would start. And to be honest, at first you'd thought Gerard had gone nuts liking your face- when you opened your eyes. You were staring at the face of an animal- a dog to be exact. "His name is Memphis. He's going to keep you company when I'm on your again." Gerard was standing in the doorway, leaning on the frame, his arms crossed. He smiled gently, and hi heart warmed up at the sight of you cuddling the dog. "Gerard, when-" he giggled. "Frank brought him here while we were out yesterday. But you were out like a light, so he kind of just watched you sleep until now." You blushed, but we're still amazed by what happened. "Gee, but..-" he looked at you, and sat in front of your bed, next to the dog. "He's going to help you feel more safe around people. I'm always feeling horrible leaving you all alone here while I'm on tour with the boys." You smiled brightly and heartwarming. "Thank you." He kissed your forehead, and you frowned. "What?" He asked, and you jokingly pinched his ribs gently. "You missed, dork." And he just laughed, and made things right for you.
Just like he always did.