You'll be alright

Gerard has been acting weird lately. Like, he was always kind of weird, but now it seemed like he was trying to get away from you, and basically everyone else. He was hardly ever home, and when he was, he nearly never spoke to you. Hell he even stopped sleeping next to you. You were worried, sad even- had he stopped loving you? Was there someone else?
Frank always insisted on no as an answer to those questions. But he was curious too, he'd admitted that. Something was going on. He wasn't home, and it was late. He usually, even though he was always late, would've been there by now. But he wasn't. So you grabbed your keys and phone an made your way out. Into the cold winter night, and in your hurry you even forgot to put on a jacket.
--
You've found him at the location he'd played some days ago, sitting on the stage, all by himself, picking at his nails, staring into nowhere. You slowly approached him, but even though you could hear your shoes on the floor, he didn't look up. You wanted to say something, but what was there to be said? Nothing was able to come out, the words were hiding in your mind, trapped. After some minutes of silence you went to the small stairs that led up the stage. You carefully placed your steps, making your way up to him. Sitting down behind him, you rested your back against his, feeling him tense a bit. He probably has noticed you by now. He seemed to want to say something, but you it him off with your voice. You started humming a quiet tune, the sound you're making so strong but at the same time seeming so fragile like it wasn't something from this world. Words never formed, you just hummed a tune your mind made up. He relaxed, and you closed your eyes as he laid his head back, resting it between your head and shoulder. Your hand reached up to his orange locks, softly petting his head. Your voice stopped being able to be heard, and he sighed. "I'm sorry." Was all he said after a while just enjoying the touch of you. "Don't be." You said, your eyes still closed. "But I need you to talk to me." You nearly whispered, voice cracking a little bit. He sighed, again, and turned himself around to set you onto his lap, his arms around you, kissing your head softly. You felt him shake slightly, like he was trying to swallow his tears. It killed you to know that he's crying. "They're just.. Right.. Y'know.?" He said, his voice raspy and broken. "You could.. You could do way better.. Way better than this.. Being married to.. Someone who's been.. Through so much shit and-" you turned around, hugging him as if he would disappear if you wouldn't hold him tight enough. "Stop Gee, stop it." You said, fighting your own tears. "I never could do better than you, because you're the only one. You're talented, caring, you have a huge heart, you are so passionate in all you're doing, you are horribly honest, amazingly handsome, and overall a unique person. Gerard way, I love you, and.. And I could never do better than- than you." Tears ran down your cheeks when you felt him shake again, and he buried his head in your chest, grabbing onto your sweater for his dear life, crying freely now. You tried to calm him, whispering soft and sweet things to him, telling him how much you love him, how much you need him. After a while, he had calmed down, looking up, wiping away your own tears with his soft hands, smiling now. "I love you y/n. I'm sorry I thought.. What I thought. I need you, I just need you so much it kinda scared me." You smiled, giving him an Eskimo kiss. "You make me whole again Gee. I'm not a real person without you, never forget that, love." He nodded, resting his forehead against yours. Suddenly his eyes widened, and he looked at your figure. "God, y/n, don't tell me you've ran all the way here like this!" You were confused for a second, but started to get what he was telling you. "Oh, I kinda was.. I was worried and I think I just forgot-" he sighed, worry written over his feature. "Y/n, I don't want you getting sick, it's fucking winter outside! Jesus no wonder your hands are that cold!" He said, getting up and taking on his Parker. He picked you up, and you yelped a little bit because you weren't prepared. He shut down the lights and as he went out, you buried yourself in his still unzipped jacket, watching your breath being visible only to disappear after seconds. And as you both came home, he wasn't thinking about sleeping on the couch. Instead, he headed straight into your shared bedroom.