Can you forget, sugar?

Gerard was someone who would never shut his mouth. He always was the one beating people up, yelling, or throwing things, he was always the one everyone was scared of. So no wonder everyone started looking at you differently, now that you're relationship was official. Gerard himself had revealed it pretty proudly, showing you whenever he could and always praising you, always telling how much of a lucky man he is to have you. He actually never was a man who kept a girl for long though, being known for changing his chick as much as he threw punches. But that changed with you. And you never really understood.
The apartment you both lived in was pretty worn down, paint peeling off the walls, the carpets stained, some tiles on the kitchen wall broken. But it was where you both lived, so you adored it, even if it looked shitty. Well, you loved it.

His voice, it sounded nice when you both first met- it actually didn't suit his appearance at all. But his appearance seemed to suit his soul for you now- dark. Because he crossed a line that shouldn't be crossed. He'd hurt you. Not only physically,but mentally too. This day he'd lost you, and you were sure you would move on, but again, you were. Because right now, everything seemed dark and lonely without him. You missed his weird laugh, his awkward way of cuddling, his somehow shy attitude while telling you things like 'I love you'.

As you were standing there, with an officer at your side, you thought about your decision of visiting him. Should you really do this? But before you could answer that question, the door opened, revealing a dark figure laying- back your way- on a mattress. "You've got a visitor, Way." The officer said. But gerard only growled. "Don't wanna fucking see anyone." You took a step back, but the guy next to you, who introduced himself as 'James' didn't let you out. "Yeah whatever. I'm leaving that to you both to discuss who really doesn't actually want to see someone." Gerard turned around in an agressive movement, and suddenly your body reacted on its own, your arms flying upwards to shield your face, feet stepping back a little- even a little noise escaped you. You heard a gasp, and suddenly his voice was like velvet again- oh how much you hated him for this. "No no no, o-okay, I'll back up, I'll give you space, you're alright, see.?" He rambled, actually walking back until his back touched the wall behind him. You composed yourself again, nervously picking at the hem of your white dress- well, more like light grey and a little torn at the ends. "Why.. why're you here.?" He asked hesitantly, his eyes showing concern. Why should he be concerned? And over what? "I.. uhm.." James suddenly spoke up. "Well miss l/n just paid for you,and wanted to speak with you as an exchange." Gerard's eyes widened, as if he couldn't believe it. "Y- y/n why would you...?" You shrugged, chuckling a little. "It's stupid, I know. But I guess I'm still under your spell." He seemed shocked, and a little confused. "But why-" Suddenly something happened that he never experienced. You snapped. Your voice was so loud, strong and steady it even surprised you. "I don't know!" You said with a little bit of an angry tone. "I dont know. I don't know a goddamn thing." He lookedcompletely shocked now, actually surprised you were capable of something like that. "I told myself 'I don't have to see you right now' you know. I- I really tried! But you fucking crawled back into my mind all the time.. all the time!" Gerard took a step towards you, but you couldn't hold back. "You ruined me Gerard, you freaking ruined me for gods sake. But I guess.. after all we lie another day. Please.." he was close to you, so close he could touch you with ease- but he didn't. He held back, scared to break you into pieces in the state you were in. "Please.." You whispered again, fists clenched, tears escaping, looking down with eyes shut. "What.?" He asked softly, oh this voice how it made you melt on the spot. "Let's.. let's find some other way to carry on. I- I can't forget, but maybe, just- just maybe, I can forgive.." He gently touched your fagile fists with his worn out hands, letting you unravel them to relax your body a little. But even if you didn't want it, your body was still on high alarm, the image of him raising his hand still in the back of your head. "I.. y/n im gonna break you. I know it." You shook your head. He knew he would need time to get you to trust him again. Because he already killed that trust once. "I love you, you know that right? I- I never wanted this to happen.. I was-" you buried your head in his chest, making hin tense up. "Don't say it. I don't want to hear it.." he nodded against your hair, breathing in your scent, just holding you, just existing. "So lady.." James suddenly said. "Ya wanna take that Trash bag with you?" You nodded.

Four years later, he kept his promise of keeping you safe. Not only from others but from himself too. He learned to contain his anger, because suddenly he noticed, that he just needed one look at you, one soft touch, you voice to calm down in no time. His hand gently caressed your skin as he traced your arm from behind you, his fingers suddenly playing with the small golden ring on your finger. He intertwined his with yours, proudly holding both hands up a little, huffing a small laugh. You laughed too. "What?" He asked, words muffled by your hair. "You're adorable." You said, and he laughed. "We just had sex, are still but ass naked and sweaty, and you're telling me I'm adorable?" Now you both laughed. "Well duh-" you said, turning around in his arms. "I didn't marry you without any reasons."