Don't you know me? (Part II)

A/N: Part two because it got requested.

You stared at your phone. Next to it was the note Gerard left you, and you were trying to decide wether or not to call him or not. It has been two days. Maybe he'd forgotten about you? You groaned, letting your head fall onto the table. You heard your cat, as his paws were placed against your head. "What should I do Percy.. It would be so awkward if he doesn't know me anymore.." Your cat only meowed, jumping down from the table. You grabbed your phone, typing in the number, your finger hovering over the green button. You touched it, holding the phone to your ear. You wanted to en the call, but suddenly Simeon picked up. "Hello?" Shit, what were you supposed to say? "Ah yeah, hi there! Uhm, don't know if you remember me, it's y/n." His voice immediately got a happy tune to it. "Of course, I thought you forgot about me! How are you?" You smiled, petting your cat as he snuggle to your leg. "Wow, I thought the same actually. I'm great, how about you? How have you been?" He chuckled on the other side. "How could I? No but really, that's nice to hear. I've been good to. Hey do you, uhm, maybe grab a coffee?" You nearly dropped your phone as you heard crashing sounds from the other side of the wall. Your apartment was in an pretty dark part of town, the crime rate was high here. You picked your phone up, hearing Gerard on the other side. "Y/n? Y/n are you okay?" You caught your voice. "Ah yes, I'm fine, it's nothing, uhm, I would love to grab some coffee!" The noises didn't stop but got a little more quiet. Gerard's voice seemed concerned. "Okay, how about we meet up at the library in 10?" You smiled, grabbing your jacket. "Sure! See ya!" You ended the phone call, closing the door behind you. Taking a deep breath, you listened to the sound of police sirens. Only your typical day.
--
As soon as you saw him, his face lit up. You smiled, and there was an awkward second of not knowing if you should hug him or not. You just gained confidence and hugged him shortly. He held his arm out for you to take, and you both went to get some coffee.
As you both sat down in the coffee shop, Gerard immediately started to talk. "I get if you don't like talking about it, but I've heard some loud noises wen we were talking over the phone. It sounded like you dropped something. What was that about?" He was right, you didn't like talking about it. He would know that your job wasn't paying much, that you needed to live next to murderers and drug dealers to have a roof over your head. You sighed, an decided to try talking him out of it. "Yeah, I dropped my phone. My cat just uh, jumped off the counter and scared me." You smiled, but he didn't. "There were voices y/n. Please, I'm worried." Your eyes stared at your coffee cup. "I live in a part of town where.. Uh, the crime rate is pretty high." He nodded, telling you to go on. "I don't know what happened, I guess my neighbor had some shit going on." He seemed to think, then placed his hand over yours. "How about you uh.. God please don't think I'm a creep.. Uhm.. Maybe you wanna stay in my apartment for a while. Maybe. If you want to." He was red, avoiding your gaze. "I uhm.. That sounds nice but I can't leave Percival there alone.." He looked back at you, seeing his chance. "You can bring him too! It's really okay, I just wanna get you out of there you know?" You thought about it. You only knew him for two days.. But he seemed kind and honest, so you nodded. "Okay. You can pick me up around 6, I send you my address. Is that okay?" He smiled, brightly. "Of course! I'm looking forward to it."
--
When you took a step into his home, you looked around and saw a different world. Everything was bright and friendly,  paintings and papers with sketches covered the walls. "Ah sorry, it's a little messy isn't it?" He scratches the back of his neck, one of your bags in his hands. "No, it's really pretty here!" He smiled, and watched as your cat made his way exploring. "Come on, I'll how you your room. I usually use it as an art room, so I'm sorry if it's messy." You laughed as you saw it. "No, I love it here." He smiled, and put your bag down. "I'll be in the kitchen, so I'll just let you settle down a bit." You nodded, thanking him. And as you sat on the mattress you knew that maybe this was a change in your life- definitely for the better.