King and Queen (Part II)

A/N: warning: contains hints of an abusive relationship.

First day of summer. It made you a little nervous to be honest with you, because it wasn't just summer. It was your first date with Gerard. After you short make-out-session he'd driven you home, kissing you goodbye on your doorstep. You honestly felt like a teenager, and slept soundly this night, thinking of him.
The next morning your phone woke you up, and without looking you grabbed it, accepting the call and holding the phone close to your ear, your face still half buried into the pillows. "Hello.?" You sleepily asked. The caller chuckled. "Look alive sunshine. Don't tell me you just woke up because I called." You wanted to jump into a sitting position, but you weren't a morning person- at all. So you just turned around so that you face looked at the ceiling and no longer into the mass of pillows. "Good morning, and yes, you did." You said, but with a smiling voice. "Well considering your voice in honored you answered the phone huh? How about I come over in an hour and pick you up?" You chuckled, and sat up. "That sounds perfect." You heard a door open and cars driving by over the line. "Just like your morning voice." You blushed, and if he would sit next to you, you probably would've hit him playfully. "Haha, good one. I'll be ready when you get here. See you!" You heard him laugh slightly, then end the call. You let yourself fall back into the pillows, and thought about the situation. Your first date. You were a little nervous and also worried- the last relationship was an abusive one and the reason you didn't date any guy for over 3 years now. But you knew him, he wasn't the kind of guy that would hurt you intentionally just for his liking. No, Gerard wasn't like that. At all. He was a flirt, yes, he was artistic, yes, he was handsome, hell yes, but he wasn't abusive. No. He was the right one for you.
You made your way downstairs to switch on the coffee machine. Suddenly your doorbell rang, and you groaned. Maybe the neighbors. You knew them for long now so you didn't need to put on anything more than what you had on you; an oversized shirt and shorts. But as you opened the door, you met a certain man who called you- and who wanted to be there in an hour, not 20 minutes! "Wha- Gerard?" You looked at him confused, sleepy, and a little shocked. He just smiled and shrugged. "Couldn't wait, I guess." He motioned between him and your door. "May I come in?" You snapped out of it, blushing. "Ah yeah, uhm, of course, come in." You made space for him to go inside, and closed the door behind you. "I uhm.. Just made some coffee.? If you want?" You motioned to the kitchen, and instinctively pulled your shirt down a little. To say you were nervous was just as right. He just smiled, and instead of making his way to the kitchen, he came up to you. You looked away, a little embarrassed. "Hm.." He traced his hands down your arms, intervening your fingers with yours. His face was so close you could feel his breath against your ear as he talked. "I could definitely get used to that." Then, he just placed a soft kiss on your cheek and went to get himself a you a cup of coffee. You needed some seconds to collect yourself, and then walked upstairs, fast, to dress yourself. God, what did he had to be such a tease!
You walked downstairs, sitting down on the couch next to him. You just wore a simple black summer dress and a silver necklace with a small cross on it. You took a sip from your coffee, and smiled. "White with two cubes of sugar." He chuckled. "Thank god, I wasn't sure actually." You smiled. You both started talking about.. Well everything and nothing. About memory's you shared, a little bit of your childhood, how he got to art and you to music- and time flew by. But as you came to the topic 'first real relationship' you kept quiet, trying to change the subject quickly as soon as he started it. "Ah come on. I can't be your first one, huh?" He said, looking at you with one eyebrow raised. "Sorry, didn't want to push-" you wave him off. "No, it okay. You aren't actually, an you deserve to know that." You laughed awkwardly, setting your cup down. He looked more seriously now. "His name was Jake. We were together for over two years, and actually highschool-sweethearts." You smiled at the memory. "Sounds like a pretty perfect relationship. If you don't mind, where is that guy now?" You looked away, you eyes starting to get a distant look. "Jail." Gerard's eyes widened. "Well he was quite jealous, and showed that often." Gerard laughed slightly. "Well I can get that way too, y'know? Would beat the shit out of someone who touches you." You smiled, but shook you head. "Not like that Gerard." He suddenly seem to get it. He set his cup down and took you in his arms, sitting you on his lap. You just listened to his heartbeat, as he held you close. "No ones gonna hurt you anymore. Im not letting anyone touch you that way ever again." You nodded, and suddenly stood up. It was still pretty early. Gerard looked at you confused. "We wanted to go out, or did you forgot that?" You smiled, putting the cups in the sink and grabbing your bag. He stood up, smiling too. He took your hand and led you out of your apartment. To your guys very first date.