Sunfall [Older!Gerard]

A/N: Reader is 22 in this while Gerard is 38.

"You can leave if ya really want to y'know? I'll be fine." Her head snapped upwards, and she shook her head a little tired. "No, no, I'll stay I just.." her eyes closed for a second but she slapped her hands on the table, sending some papers flying. "I need coffee and then I'll-" he placed a hand on her shoulder in a reassuring way. "Really, it's fine. You're tired, I'm tired, let's just call it a day." She nodded, wiping her eyes a little. He was always surprised how good she looked without all that make up every woman seemed to wear nowadays. She could pull it off nicely. He actually enjoyed seeing her like that. It felt like she shared a very intimate moment with him.
No.
Stop.
He had to fight against his own desires and feelings for her sake. This would never work out anyways. "Gee?" She asked quietly, and he snapped out of it. "Ah, yeah. You uh,wanna sleep in my bed or-" She giggled, now patting his back. "I can sleep everywhere, so I'm gonna sleep on the couch." He nodded, walking out of the room to get her some blankets and a pillow or two. When he came back downstairs with everything he needed, she was already fast asleep, so he just threw the blanket over her sleeping form, careful not to wake her up. Tired, yet drowning in thoughts, he went to bed himself.

He woke up when he smelled food, and hell, it smelled good. He slowly got up, carefully and sleepy walking downstairs in only a white shirt and some shorts. She wasn't wearing that much more either, a black nirvana shirt that belonged to him obviously, and her underwear. Hell, this young woman really knew how to test him.
"Ah, good morning." She said happily, a smile framing her features. He mumbled a good morning back, trying to avoid her appearance. He was just a man, and seeing her.. well. Was that how a crush felt like? He never experienced one, so maybe yes, maybe not. "so, what are your thoughts on- gerard? Are you even listening?" She chuckled at the end, placing a plate with food and a cup of coffee on front of him. "Yes!- I mean no, not really.." She ran a hand though her hair, beginning to walk out of the kitchen. "Where are ya going?" He asked after her, desperately trying to avoid looking at her bottom. "Putting some clothes on. Really, you could've told me you're uncomfortable with me walking around like that." She laughed a little, and he stood up, leaning on the doorway, arms crossed and a serious expression on his face. "It's not that." She turned around, looking at him with slight worry. "What then?" She said, waiting for his answer. Yet he didn't. She knew he hid something from her, and it was making her nervous, because he never did something like that. "Gee.." She said, sitting down on the couch that was still covered in blankets and her clothes. He walked over and sat down next to her with a little gap between them. "Something happened y/n. Something that shouldn't have happened." She looked at him, now actually scared. Thoughts of worst case scenarios flew through her inner eye, making her shiver a little. "I.. y/n, I'm going to be honest with you. I developed feelings for you, strong ones. And I know I shouldn't but u can't help it." Her eyes went wide. She never thought about it that way. She loved him, yes, but knowing that her feelings were met to be only one sided made her hide those things in the far back of her soul. But he just grabbed them and threw them in front of her, shattering the glass jar she'd put them in. And she didn't knew what to think of it. "Gerard-" "you don't have to say anything.." She tries again. "Gee I-" but he didn't let her finish. "God I feel like such a creep, I-" Suddenly she got louder, more force in her voice to shut him up. "Can you let fucking talk for a moment?!" He looked like a child at that moment. He'd seem you cry, but he'd never heard you shout. "Gerard, I feel the same way. And I know you're worried about what people may think, but let's just put them aside for a second and think of it. What do you think of it?" He had to think. That wasn't the reaction he'd thought he world get. What did he think, huh? Well, he knew he wanted no one but her. "I love you." He said honestly, and she smiled. "Then what's there to worry?" He smiled, chuckling and crawling over to her, towering over her body, his greasy locks falling in his face. His eyes told a story of happiness. Love. And even hunger. "You're not hungry?" She said, giggling and pointing to his untouched breakfast in the kitchen. "Sure. But I don't want the pancakes right now, sugar."