Don't you know me?

The small bookstore was the place you always went to. The silence, the tall bookshelves, and the dark corners that seemed more welcoming than scaring made you feel like home. It was raining outside, and Percival, your cat, was hiding in your slightly soaked jacket. You revealed your face after you've put down the hood of you're jacket you were hiding under. Your h/c colored hair that a little wet, but as your eyes met the gaze of the owner of the store, you smiled, looking up at him since you were pretty small. "Y/n! Oh my, it's still raining outside isn't it?" The owner laughed slightly. "Yes it is. I was asking if it's okay if I'm staying?" You asked, a little begging look on your face. He seemed a little confused, but understood as Percival's head suddenly snuck out under your chin. He laughed, smiling. "Ah sure sure, as long as you don't disturb anyone." You smiled, nodding, and making your way to one of the dark corners. You searched for some comics you haven't read already, and stumbled upon two. You took them out, sitting in front of the shelve, starting to read. You looked quite awkward, because the cat was curling itself on your chest, making your breasts seem bigger than anything. You didn't notice the man sitting in front of you, silently watching you with confusion. You didn't stop reading, just zipped your jacket open a little bit to reveal the cat hiding under it. The red tabby climbed up on you, curling it's body around your neck, and you just moved one hand away from your comic to scratch his head. You heard a chuckle, and that was the moment you looked up. There sat a man, about your age, with blond hair and a grey hat. His eyes were friendly, and he smiled at you. "I thought animals weren't allowed in bookstores." He said. Your eyes widened. "Oh, is it a problem? I haven't seen you, I'm so sorry, I mov-" he chuckled again, waving his hand in a calming way. "No, it's fine, I love cats." You smiled, relaxed he was okay with it. "I'm y/n, y/n l/n. It's nice to meet a friendly person once in a while." You said, crouching a little forward, stretching your hand out for him to shake, which he did with a smile. But after some seconds of silence you looked at him confused. "What?" He asked you. "I uhm.. Maybe you could tell me your name.?" You said. His eyes widened, and he seemed like he wasn't sure he'd heard you right. "You.. Don't know me? At all?" You looked at him. Hazel eyes, pretty tall, nice smile, blond hair, and overall stunningly great looks.. No, you didn't knew him, and he'll you would remember him if you've met before, that for sure. You shook your head. "No, I'm sorry. Should I?" He caught himself again, but seemed a little confused. "Maybe, I don't know. Never heard the name Gerard way?" You close your eyes, thinking. "Oh, you've written and drawn one of my favorite comics, of course!" You said, smiling. He laughed, making your cat look up. "You're the first person I meet that knows me only for my comics, and not for my music!" You smiled, blushing. Oh no, you had a celebrity in front of you and you didn't know a thing!
--
You and Gerard came along really well. You shared your opinions on comics, he let you listen to a couple of his songs, and you had to say, he was a great singer. Percival was stretched out so long, that he nearly took the place of both of your laps. You yawned, looking up at the clock hanging above the exit, for everyone to see. Gerard sighed next to you. "Already this late huh? I should probably head home." You got a little sad, but nodded. You needed to head home too. He put the small sleeping cat on your lap, and said his goodbyes before heading off, leaving you alone by yourself. But as you looked at the sleeping cat, you noticed a paper, folded around its collar. You unfolded it, an smiled like a schoolgirl at the words.

'You may never heard of me, but I wanna hear from you soon if you want to.' And under that was his phone number.