Tell your demon it's fired

Requested by _littleskeleton. This will contain triggering content. Hope this'll make you feel a bit better though. Love yourself ♡

When you woke up, the first thing you noticed was the face that was sleeping soundly next to you.
The closed lids on those hazel eyes that would speak louder than his words could ever.
The tired but honest little smile that gives him an almost innocent look.
His hands that held you close to him, a gesture that is so important to him that he even does it without thinking about it.
Softly, his eyes open, revealing the orbs you could stare into all day long.
"Mornin."
You smiled, and gently pecked his lips, but he was having none of it. He turned both of you around, having your body on top of his. "Gee" You giggled against his lips, heaving yourself up to not be so heavy on him. "What?" He said with his tired voice. "I'm not awake enough to hold myself up like this." His hands were placed on your sides where your ribs are, gently caressing them. "Then don't." You pecked his lips again, making him groan a little in frustration when you escaped his attempt to deepen the kiss again. "What? You're not that heavy." He said, and your smile faded a little. Of course I am, you thought. He was only being polite.
He tickled your sides, knowing your weak spots, and you suddenly couldn't hold yourself up anymore. You laughed, and before you could start to push yorself up again, he caught your hands in his, placing them against either side of his face pressed on the pillows.
"Let me hold you for once."
You smiled again, knowing he wouldn't give up. So you laid on his chest, listening to the talk of his heart that was beating underneath you. "Y/n.. I hate to bring that up but.. you're really light." Your smile faded, and the demon in your head started whispering again. You sighed. "..y/n?" You wanted to answer, but you couldn't. The fear of saying something that would upset him or even anger him was too great. He wouldn't understand. That's what your demon told you. He wouldn't. He wouldn't.
Slowly, his hand caressed your back, tracing your spine that he could clearly feel. "I don't wanna loose you." You tried to smile. "You won't-" "I will. If you keep this up I will. And living without you.." His voice cracked, a sound that made you look up. His eyes were sparkling, glossy with unshed tears. Suddenly you realized so many things. He couldn't live without you. And not only he couldn't. Frank, his and your best friend told you so many times how much you mean to him and his family. Mikey would end up with a depressed brother again, and God knows if they could pull through that a second time. You weren't alone. You knew that.
But something right now stood in front of your demon, shutting it up.
A soft voice, gentle and soothing.
You may know you're not alone. But did you know how many life's depend on you staying alive?
"Gerard.. what if I can't-" he pulled you close again, kissing your head. "You can. You will. I'll help you." After a while, you suddenly felt him tickling your sides again, making you giggle. "Sorry? Didn't quite catch that." He said, now turning you both around again, and you laughed open hearted and freely. "There we go." He said smiling brightly. As he hovered above you, one hand found its way to your cheek. "Let's go eat somethin' for breakfast?" You wanted to disagree, but spontaneously decided not to. "Okay." He smiled. "Okay?" He repeated, getting closer. "Okay." You said again, giggling when he repeated the action over and over again until he kissed you.
You still had a long way to go.
But now you knew:
This wasn't a journey for one person alone.

A/N: Hope you liked it. Didn't want to trigger too much or make it too cliche so.. dunno. ♡