Surrender the night

Driving. That's what I've been doing or the last two weeks. You see, my fiancé just snapped, and the demon inside his heart broke out, doing things no man should ever do.
The radio was quiet, lightening the background with the soft sound of talking, making me feel a little less alone. So where am I heading? I don't know. Just far away.
A sign made me make a decision where to go: New Jersey. Back home. My mom would laugh, she always told me he's not the one.
Donna would laugh. She always told me he would someday show his real face.
Gerard.
He would laugh the most.
I remember when I said goodbye, and he just looked at me, with anger and frustration in his eyes, asking me if I forgot how he had damaged me physically the first time. And I nodded. I trusted this man. I was so stupid.

I refueled the car, my old woman how I always called her- an old mustang. I locked the door and went inside the building, slipping my hood over my head, burying my body in the old sweater that was way too big for me. Funny thing is, it was neither mine or my ex fiancé's -it was Gerard's. I remember always taking it whenever I slept over, which I did a lot when we went to high school. The cashier looked at me suspiciously, but smiled a little when he saw my face. I smiled back, and looked around. My stomach was growling, I needed something to eat, and oh god I craved coffee. "Uhm.. I'll take a coffee, this, and a pack of Marlboro." I showed him a granola bar. I didn't have any more money. He just nodded, sliding my package of cigarettes over the counter, and started making my coffee. I looked down at my dirty converse, and picked at the ripped ends of the sweater sleeves. I loved this sweater. But I looked up as the guy behind the counter gave me my coffee. "Thank you." He waved my money off. "Nah, I'll pay for that. Ya look pretty torn, better keep your money pretty girl." I smiled, nodding. As I turned around there was a guy standing, looking through the magazines. He looked to the side, and I froze- I knew this face. His eyes widened, and I looked down, hiding myself. I went out of the small building, opening my car door with granola bar between my teeth and coffee in hand, cigarettes nearly falling out of my front pocket because of my fast movements. "Y- y/n wait!" I stopped my movements, but didn't move. "Is it really you.?" I took down my hood, looking at him. He gasped. I chuckled. "I'm surprised. No 'I told you'?" He took my coffee, setting it on the roof of my car, and hugged me after that. I was shocked, but hugged him back after a moment. "You shouldn't smoke." I huffed a laugh. "You shouldn't drink." He broke away, smiling proudly. My eyes widened and I smiled, putting my hands on my waist. "Gerard Arthur Way, you managed it to stop?" He nodded proudly, copying my movements. I stood on my tiptoes, due to the fact that I was smaller than him and ruffled trough his black hair. He blushed, but laughed to cover it up. His face got serious again. "I'm being honest. What happened that you decided to poison your body like this?" I smiled sadly, sipping on my coffee and throwing the granola bar and the Marlboro in the car. "He happened. You guys were right. End of the story." Gerard sighed. "So.." I looked at him. "So what?" He motioned at his car. "You know where to sleep? You know you can always stay over, my mom would love to see you again." I smiled, chuckling. "I actually think I'd like that." His smile appeared again, and he nodded. Maybe I would be safe with him. Safe for once.