Sweets and cold windows

Gerard's POV:

The classroom was loud. Everyone was talking with someone, about how awesome the trip will be, about who they're going to spend the most time with, so on, so on. I for myself was sitting silently, staring out of the window next to me. A fucking school trip. Just what a loner needed.
Suddenly I heard a voice I was all too familiar with. Not because we were friends, I doubt she even knows I exist. Without looking I listened to the conversation. "Hey Y/n! Who's sitting window-site in the bus?" I couldn't see it, but I guess she shrugged. Outside some crows picked at an old bread that belonged into the trash but couldn't find its way. "Don't know, depends on where he wants to sit." Suddenly there was a little dip in the volume of the class, and I had to force myself not to turn around. "Whaaaat?? You mean you're not sitting with me? Why? And with who else?!" I heard her giggle, and smiled a little. I loved that sound. Could only be topped by her laughter. "Over there. Haven't asked him yet, but God damnit could you try to be a little more quiet? Geez." No. Don't be quiet- but I couldn't hear them over the noisy asses anymore. Well piss.

Time skip to school trip 》

I had seated down after trying not to trio over feet that stood in my way. Window-side. Well, that's one of the brighter sides of being a loner. You always get the window-side. But as I got further and further into the bus, I noticed that no seat was free. I had to sit next to somebody. Shit. Shit. Shit!
"Gerard could you sit down so we can start driving?" Shit, shit, shi-
Suddenly I was placed on a seat, pulled by my jacket sleeve by someone. When I pulled myself together to look at the person sitting next to me, I nearly gasped. It was her. Y/n. "The fuck y/n, really?" This time, I actually had to agree. Why would she do that? Oh, right. I was standing. Of course. She was only sitting me down so we could start driving. Geez, why am I so nervous all the time? "Sorry, that was.. kinda rude. Wanted to ask you first." I turned towards her voice, and yes, fucking yes, this sentence was directed towards me. "Why- what-" She giggled again. Oh god, she's going to kill me. "if you wanted to sit next to me of course. You want to?" My eyes grew so wide it hurt a little, I couldn't fucking believe it. She actually wanted to sit next to me? Freaking me?
"No! I mean yes,yes of course I want to I just ah-" She smiled, and oh god, was that a.. blush? No way. It was just too warm. But she was sitting next to the window. So she couldn't be too warm. "You want the window-side?" She asked kindly, and I slowly got more and more comfortable. "Nah, you can sit there." She shook her head with a knowing smile. "Put your bags up, we're changing seats." Oh I knew it. It was a joke. I looked around for another empty seat, but couldn't find one. "Gee? Can I call you that?" I looked at her, and she was hovering over me. Oh my goodness, she was so close, I could actually feel her hair touch my forehead. "Uhm.. yeah. Friends call me that." She smiled brightly, and nodded her head in a knowing manner. "Awesome, you can call me y/n/n! Anyways, scoot over to the window, way. My arms are gettin' tired." She.. actually wanted to let me sit next to the window? Now I got it. She didn't want me to go away! "Ah, yeah, of course!" I sat next to the window, a weird feeling of comfort hugging me softly. She sat down next to me, and took out a book out of her bag. Not any book. A comic book. Every time I thought she couldn't be any more perfect, she just smashed that thought. "Kill your boyfriend, huh?" I said without thinking,and she smiled. "I knew you'd know it. Got some Marvel in there too." She winked, and I swear I just died in my seat. If she was making a joke out of this, this would be the end.

But she wasn't. She wasn't leaving me side anymore, even though she got glanced at, even though they threw comments her way, she wouldn't leave me. But I wasn't complaining. We were getting along awesome, and my crush was growing bigger and bigger by seconds. "This museum is huge, isn't it?" She said next to me. She was smaller than I was, so I had to look down a bit. "Yeah." She giggled. "These walls are so huge they make me feel even smaller than I already am. FUCK you wall!" She said with fake anger, pointing at one of the walls, and I couldn't contain a small laugh myself. She looked at me and smiled. "You laugh." She giggled, and I suddenly got a little self-conscious. "It's weird, I know." She looked ahead. "It is." Suddenly she grabbed my jacket, bot because she tripped or something, just because she seemed to want to. "But I like it." She said, and I looked at her hand that was gripping the black fabric. "Oh, I just don't wanna get lost." I don't know where I got that sudden wave of confidence from, but I guess it just happened without thinking. Because I grabbed her hand. Softly, so she could leave if she wanted to. But she only grinned, red tinting her cheeks, intertwining her fingers with mine. "Don't those comments about you having a thing for the weird kid bother you?" She shook her head, and looked at a sign that explained an art piece she seemed interested in. "They're not lying, so no." What. I stood still, and she looked up to me with those stunning e/c colored eyes. "You.. what?" I was confused. She? Having a crush? On me? But she nodded. "I like you. Like love you. Your way of talking, your laugh, your art, everything basically. That's why I kinda forced you to sit next to me." Why me? That was the only question running wild in my head. "I know you wanted to leave this place. Buy maybe.. maybe you'll stay.?" True. I wanted to leave school. Wanted to leave this place and never come back again. "Why would I stay?" She had a desperate look in her eyes. "Because! Without you I'm missing something! Like, I don't know, Santa Claus wouldn't be Santa without his smile!" There it was. Somehow everything she said sounded pretty. Like a cheesy love song. Something like that. "You.. really mean it?" She nodded. Again. So I placed my hands on either side of her face, and kissed her. And it was just as perfect, maybe more, that I imagined it. "Yo lovebirds! Come on, safe those things for lone-time." Her friend said, but she didn't pull away. She smiled into the kiss. Out of the corner of my eye I could see her flip her friend off, in as friendly manner. "That was.." "perfect." She ended my sentence for me as we pulled apart. We grinned like teenagers, as we ran towards the rest of the class. Hands still intertwined. And suddenly, as we sat down in our seats in the bus, the window didn't feel so cold anymore.
Not with her in my arms.
Never again.