Save me (sequel to Is it you or me?)

A/N: so someone asked me to continue this and I thought why not so here you go.

Terrible. That's basically what you could call your life now in one word. Gerard still haunted your thoughts here an then, and you knew he'd moved on, you assumed he did because his calls stopped, but of course you didn't knew. As you sat on a swing, a cigarette dangling from your mouth, someone sat on the swing beside you, lighting one himself. You looked at his shoes, and instantly though of Gerard. He'd always loved his white converse, and they were just as ripped and dirty as this guys were. You smiled a little, taking a drag. "You shouldn't be doing this y'know." You slowly looked up at the familiar voice, and your eyes grew wide. He chuckled a little. He hadn't changed much, no, his look had somehow stayed. "What are you doing here.?" You said breathlessly. He just took the cigarette out of your mouth and stepped on it to put out the light of your cancer stick. "Don't know. I guess I'm just stupid." You looked back at the ground, sighing. "How's life treating you?" He asked, not looking at you either. "Just take a look at me. It's treating me like shit. But it's okay, I know you're okay now. It makes it a little better for me." Again, he laughed brokenly. "I'm not okay y/n." You looked at him, and instantly saw his ring, still there. "You've taken it off." He stated. You shook your head. Slowly your swing came to a stop, and you grabbed the necklace that was hidden under your coat, the ring dangling from it, still shining bright. "I'm not allowed to wear it at work if it's not a wedding band." Tears made his eyes shine, and you had to grab onto every last straw of strength you had not to cry. "So you haven't moved on too, huh?" You nodded. "I guess we're both not okay."
"I never was."
"You left me alone."
"And I'm sorry."
"You ignored me for months gerard."
"And I'm-"
"Do you think sorry can fix it.?"
He stayed silent for a while. Suddenly he got up, and took the necklace off of your neck with gentle movements. He got on one knee, just like he'd did the first time, but this time he actually was crying. "Y/n l/n, will you-" he wiped his eyes with his sleeve and continued after sniffling. Damn, his crying made it really hard for him to speak. "Will you do me the honor of.., of becoming my wife for the rest of my life I've got left and.., even though I am a total idiot for treating you like shit, just so I can prove to you that.. that I really changed?" You cried, and you buried your head in your hands. You mumble something in your hands and he couldn't hear you. "Wh- what.?" You jumped off the swing and kneeled in front of him, wiping his eyes with your sleeve now. "I said 'yes' you idiot." He sighed. "I knew it and it's okay, I probably wouldn't have too- wait yes? Like yes I do? Like 'yes' yes? Like-" you shut him up by kissing him and he instantly kissed you back hungrily, with passion and so many other emotions you felt dizzy. He slipped the ring on again. "And this time you won't take this off again." You smiled. "Hm. Says who?" You said sassily, and he laughed open hearted at that. "Oh I am." She laughed. "And that's gonna work?" He grabbed the chains of your swing, kissing you again. "It will. I promise."