Taller

Prompt: Riley gets mad that Farkle is taller than her

Day 5

<><><>

Maya hated that Farkle was suddenly taller than her, but Riley especially outraged that he was taller than her. She used to tower over him. Now he was towering over her. Riley first started to really notice freshman year, but she didn't think about it much.

Now it was sophomore year and Farkle towered over her and she absolutely hated it. She stood in the library trying to reach a book on one of the top shelves. Usually she'd be able to reach it but it seems as if she's been drinking way too much coffee. She felt someone come behind her and reached up grabbing the book. "Hey th-" she stopped her scolding mid sentence realizing that it was farkle.

"Here you go. I noticed you were having some trouble" farkle said trying to hand her the book. Riley's expression turned angry and she stormed away completely forgetting about the book. Farkle's expression turned confused.

Was she mad at him or something? Did he accidentally forget her birthday? Did she loose Barry the bear bear 2.0?

Farkle looked down at the book Riley had been reaching for. The astrology of Pluto. Figures. He smiled and checked out the book. Surely Riley needed it for something. Although he doesn't remember Mr. Nortan mentioning anything about an astrology project, but it'd probably do him best not to question Riley's tactics.

He checked it out and walked out of the library. Maybe Maya would know what's going on with Riley. He walked up to Maya who was trying to coax one of the smart kids to help her on her math homework.

"Hey Maya" Farkle called out. As soon as she turned her head towards him, the nerd she had been talking to scurried away. Maya walked up to him confused.

"What's going on Farky?" Maya asked

"Is something going on with Riley? She seemed really mad when I helped her get a book from the top shelf" Farkle asked concerned as he searched the halls for a long brown haired girl.

"Nah, I- wait you helped her get a book down?" Maya asked interrupting herself. Farkle nodded,

"Yeah she was trying to reach something on the top shelf, and couldn't get it, so I helped her"

Maya rolled her eyes, "your problem not mine" she said before walking away.

"Maya?!" he called out, she looked back at him and smiled evilly.

For a genius he was completely clueless.

____

Farkle climbed through Riley's bay window with her book in hand. Riley turned around startled by the noise he had made coming through the window. She looked at him and frowned before turning back to what she had been doing.

"Riley why are you mad at me?" Farkle asked he set the book down on her vanity before walking towards her. Riley fully turned around to meet his eyes.

"I'm not mad at you" she said her voice cracking from how deep her voice went. She coughed adjusting her voice.

"Then why'd you storm off earlier in the library?" He asked putting his hand on her shoulder. To which Riley shook his hand off. "Riley what did I do wrong?"

"Your tall" she stated

"What-"

"Your tall. I used to be the tall one and now I can't even reach the top shelf." Riley stated "you used to be my squeaky the mouse and now look at ya" Farkle stared down at her. She can't really be mad at him over genetics

"Your tall. Your smart. Your Hot. And it hurts knowing your so out of my league" Riley stated angrily

"Riley what are you on about?"

"I like, love you even, but there are so many girls that are actually in your league" she sighed and looked down at the floor. "And your tall"

"Riley if anyone is out of my league than its you. I mean your beautiful, loads of guys would love to go out with you. Plus your not that short" Farkle stated, Riley blushed at his complements.

"I just... It's just that you're taller now, and you're  not squeaky the mouse. You're not my squeaky, anymore"

"I will always be yours Riley" Farkle stated, Riley smiled sadly,

"I am still slightly aggravated that your taller than me" Riley said looking Farkle up and down.

"You know you love it" he said bringing her closer. Riley smiled at him,

"I know I do"

<><><>

I  am legit waiting for the bus as I'm listening to Beyoncé, and it's so hard to like not start dancing

I am legit waiting for the bus as I'm listening to Beyoncé, and it's so hard to like not start dancing.

Y'all are all flawless, I don't say this enough but thank you so much for reading my writing. It really is amazing I never thought I would be confident enough to publish my writing, so Gracias, hermosos seres humanos,

 It really is amazing I never thought I would be confident enough to publish my writing, so Gracias, hermosos seres humanos,

Peace out ✌🏽 y'all