We dont leave, yet you did.

This is another rendition of "Emily has a test tomorrow, so might as well stay up and publish a one shot"

But literally tho how am I still making A's?

Anyways,

Prompt: "we don't leave"

〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰

Riley was on her way to her mothers cafe. After she finished college at Columbia with a degree in history, she decided to move back towards her parents apartment. Quite literally she moved in the apartment above. She helped out her mother in the cafe to earn some extra cash.

She said hello to all of her regular customers. She remembered when those faces were her best friends. Although she saw Maya almost every week, she hadn't heard anything from Lucas or Smackle in a while, but she did get calls every once and awhile from Zay checking up on her, and then there was Farkle. She hadn't seen him since high school. Farkle had gotten into MIT and moved over there. She had hoped he would at least call once and a while like Zay had, but much to her disappoint, nothing. She had still kept in touch with parents though, asking how he was doing. She always asked them to tell him she said hi, but something told her that he never said hello back. Even Zay got calls which made her uber jealous. She wanted to hate Farkle for not calling her, but she couldn't.

Riley wiped down the counter, not really concentrating. She looked up as the bell signifying someone had walked through the doors had rung. A man she had not seen in years stood near the door. She froze in her place. She watched as Farkle searched the cafe. He saw her and frowned. She dropped the cloth and picked up a note pad. Ava, who had started working her a week ago and was still being trained, walked up to her, "you want me to take him?" She asked pointing to Farkle.

Riley shook her head, "no I got this" she watched as Farkle sat down at a table near the door. She walked over, Ava following behind, Farkle looked up noticing her presence. "How are you today? You a little hungry? Is that why your here? You a little a hungry? Is that" she says rushed.

"What do you recommend?" Farkle asks. Riley nods,

"I recommend the first thing I can get my hands on" Riley suggests, she then turns to Ava and asks holding out her hand for something, "gimme something"

Ava quickly turns around and runs to a customer with a large ice cream cone and takes it out of his hands, "you should've tipped" she says before turning back to Riley. Riley grabbed the cone gratefully and full fledge shoved the ice cream onto his face as she said, "that's what I recommend"

Ava gasped, "you can do that?! I get to do that?! I'd love to do that!"

As soon as the rest of the customers see what's going on they flee the café, including Ava. Riley ran over to the bread basket and began throwing them at him as she said "you told me *throws bread* that *throws another bread* you'd come back *and another bread* after *and another* the *one more time* war!"

She soon ran out of bread to throw at him, and just stared at him defeated. "How are you okay with this?" She breathed. Farkle slumped his shoulders and placed the cone on the napkin. He stood up with ice cream all over his face.

"I kind of deserved it" he states as Riley handed him a towel to clean his face.

"You didn't call or text. I haven't talked to you or seen you in over 5 years. Why?" She asked but got no answer. Farkle just started cleaning up the mess/chaos he had caused. Riley rolled her eyes and went to start closing down shop seeing as everyone had abandoned ship.