Prologue

✖️✖️✖️✖️

There was an enchanted forest filled with all the classic characters we know. Or think we know. One day they found themselves trapped in a place where all their happy endings were stolen. Our world.

This is how it happened...

"When we reach the cell, stay out of the light, and whatever you do, do not let him know your name. If he knows your name, he will have power over you." The guard explained to Snow White and Prince Charming, stopping at a cell, "Rumplestiltskin. Rumplestiltskin! I have a question for you."

"No, you don't- they do- Snow White and-" The Dark One spoke up in a mocking voice, "Prince Charming." He laughed. "You insult me. Step into the light and take off those ridiculous robes." Snow and Charming slid off their hoods and stepped forward. "Ah. That's much better."

"We've come to ask you about the-" Charming started.

"Yes, yes! I know why you're here. You want to know about the Queen's threat." Rumplestiltskin cut him off in amusement.

"Tell us what you know!"

"Ooh. Tense, aren't we? Fear not, for I can ease your mind, but it's gonna cost you something in return." Rumplestiltskin said with a nod.

"No. This is a waste of time."

"What do you want?"

"Oh... The names of your unborn children?"

"Absolutely not-" Charming started just as his wife cut him off and told the Dark One, "Deal. What do you know?"

"Ah. The Queen has created a powerful curse and it's coming. Soon you'll all be in a prison, just like me only worse. For your prison, all of our prisons will be time. For time will stop and we will be trapped someplace horrible, where everything we hold dear, everything we love will be ripped from us, while we suffer for all eternity, while the Queen celebrates, victorious at last! No more happy endings." Rumplestiltskin explained, enjoying every second of their time conversing.

"What can we do?" Snow asked.

"We can't do anything." Rumplestiltskin answered.

"Who can?" Snow quietly asked.

"Those little things growing inside your belly." Rumplestiltskin answered while reaching out of his cell to touch her pregnant stomach.

Charming held the hilt of his sword and unsheathed it, slapping the Dark One's hand away with the blade. "Next time I cut it off."

Rumplestiltskin clicked his tongue and looked at both of them. "The first-born child is our only hope. Get the child to safety, get the child to safety and on its... twenty-eighth birthday, the child will return. The children will find you and the final battle will begin!" He let out a laugh.

"I've heard enough. We're leaving." Charming spoke up while leading his wife out of the cell.

Rumplestiltskin protested, "We made a deal! I want their names! We had a deal! I need those girls' names! We had a deal! I need their names! Th-th-their names!"