47. Hope

✖️✖️✖️✖️

✖️✖️✖️✖️

Once everyone could see again, they opened their eyes and noticed that Astrid was gone, disappeared from Hook's arms. Robin spoke up breathlessly, "What was that?"

"Follow up question: Where the hell is my sister?" Emma also questioned while looking around them in the now empty tavern besides them.

"Wait. Where's Snow?" David began, noticing the spot beside him empty, "She was just standing beside me."

"And Rumple-" Peter added, noticing his brother's absence and also noticed the Evil Queen's missing presence, "And Regina's missing too."

Henry also searched the empty building and voiced his thought aloud, "And everyone else? This place wasn't empty before..."

Peter stood up and helped Hook to his feet also, saying, "He said the end was here. We need to find out exactly what that means. I mean, I know some of it from Astrid telling me about her fate as the Ender."

"Then that's where we should start. What exactly does Astrid becoming the Ender do? And how can we stop it?" Robin began.

Peter shook his head, explaining the best he could do, "Astrid was terrified of this prophecy or whatever. She'd have nightmares every single night- and even day-"

"Why didn't you tell us this sooner? We could've helped her-" David started in frustration.

"She made me promise not to tell you guys because she didn't want you to worry about her... She thought she was protecting all of you..." Peter cut him off, the ache in his heart hurting even more. He just wanted her by his side and never leave again.

"Anyway, why was she so terrified of this prophecy or whatever?" Emma spoke up, her hands over her hips as she looked from Peter to Hook who shared a knowing look.

"Because her loved ones would have to pay the ultimate price, and she couldn't live with that..." Hook said, glancing down at his adopted daughter's blood on his hands and shirt, "So, she left to protect us like always."

"So, where is everyone? And how come we didn't go with the people?" Henry inquired in confusion, standing in between Robin and David.

"I don't know," Emma sighed just as they heard an explosion from outside. They raced out of the tavern and noticed that everything was in complete ruins and destroyed, all of the people were statues. The oceans were lava and the sky was a blood red, too. "Oh, my God."

"This is what was in one of her nightmares," Peter murmured while continuing to look around the destroyed village.

Little did they know, what they were seeing here was also what it looked like all around the world and through the different realms.