44. I Love You

✖️✖️✖️✖️

✖️✖️✖️✖️

Peter slid his shirt over on and glanced over his shoulder at his sleeping girlfriend on their bed and grinned somewhat. He stood up and left out of the room.

Astrid moved her hand in the empty spot beside her on the bed, not feeling Peter next to her anymore, and sat up halfway.

"You got lucky yesterday. You know, on bringing him back to life," Dark Astrid spoke up while appearing in front of her bed and stared at her in amusement.

Astrid glared at her dark double and commented, "That won't happen again. No one will die because of you or me or whatever."

"Keep telling yourself that, sweetie," Dark Astrid chuckled, "But they all will die. No matter what your best efforts or intentions are, it's going to happen."

Peter walked into the room with a tray of breakfast food and noticed the sad look on his love's face as he set the tray aside and quickly moved over to her, taking her into his arms gently.

"Peter, you- you have to kill me..." Astrid quietly began, tears dropping down onto her cheeks, "Please..."

"N-No, love, I can't," Peter let out sadly after she placed a dagger in his hands but still held his hand in hers.

"If I-I'm alive... A lot of people will die," Astrid told him sadly. "And I bloody don't want that."

"You're the only thing that matters to me. Nothing else." Peter murmured, his eyes watery now as well.

Astrid cupped one side of his face with her other hand as she gazed into his soft green eyes, saying, "And you and my family and friends matters to me... Save them. Save yourself. Do this for me, please."

Peter's light grip on the dagger tightened before he tossed it aside and let out, "I can't. I won't."

Astrid cried some more and nodded a little before quietly replying, "I can't either... But I can't be bloody alive because of her and what's going to happen..."

"What are you saying, love?" Peter reluctantly asked while moving his hands and cupping each side of her face in them softly.

"I'm saying... In order to protect you and- and my family..." Astrid started before inhaling sharply, "I need to bloody go away or..."

"I am not going to lose you- not again," Peter frowned.

"And I don't want to lose you! But this is the only way, that I won't," Astrid replied sadly, more tears falling onto her cheeks coldly, "I love you, Peter, and I always will... but this is goodbye."