41. A Curious Thing

✖️✖️✖️✖️

✖️✖️✖️✖️

Riley landed her silver dragon which was a Razorwhip named Windshear; Hiccup greeted her first, "Hi, you. We thought you could use a couple of days to rest up."

Riley smiled, saying, "Thanks, Hiccup. I really appreciate this." Fishlegs stepped over to them panting somewhat as Riley started, "Fishlegs!" He waved at her and smiled. "Thank you so much for the letters."

Tuffnut spoke up then, "Hey! We should sing the Dragon's Edge welcome song."

Hiccup pointed out to him, "Tuff, we don't have a Dragon's Edge welcome song."

"Sure we do. It's very catchy," Tuffnut insisted, "I can perform it in several keys and there's sort of a dance that I do along with it."

Astrid stepped over to them and began to move over to Riley as she spoke up, "Yeah. I think Riley would rather set her gear down and get settled."

"Astrid!" Riley exclaimed and hugged the blonde haired girl who hugged her back. She looked over at Tuffnut and added, "I'd love to hear your song later, Tuff."

"Good. Oh, Riley, you're gonna love it," Tuffnut commented proudly, "And now I have time to warm up." He began to babble incoherently.

"Good idea," Riley nodded while he continued to babble and then he said, "Ruffnut smells."

Riley and Astrid entered the guest hut as Riley placed her shield and battle axe up on a wall and sighed.

Astrid spoke up, holding Riley's other, smaller battle axe in her hands, "You know, you could've come back with us in the first place." She handed the axe to her as Riley took it. "You just disappeared. We didn't know what happened to you."

"And I feel terrible about that," Riley admitted guiltily, "But I knew that you guys would just try to get me to stay. Sometimes you need to be by yourself to figure things out."

"Your letters to Fishlegs seemed like you were struggling with a lot," Astrid commented.

"You read those?"

"We were all worried about you. We wanted to know what was going on," Astrid admitted.

"It was weird. All that time with Dagur, we were playing a part," Riley started, "I didn't have a minute to think about the fact that he is actually my brother."

"Maybe you shouldn't think about it then," Astrid shrugged lightly.

"I have to, Astrid," Riley sighed, "What if I have that Berserker insanity inside me? What if, deep down, I'm just like him?"