54. Smash the Mirror: Pt.1

✖️✖️✖️✖️

✖️✖️✖️✖️

Astrid overheard Henry call out to his mom once he noticed her standing near her yellow bug.

Astrid was crouched in a tree high up from the ground, now watching the two carefully. She was keeping an eye on her sister, giving her space but also was going to be there if she needed her.

"Mom?"

"Henry, what are you doing here?"

"I've been out all night looking for you. Everyone has. They're also trying to find Astrid, but she's very difficult to track," Henry explained which made his aunt smirk even though they couldn't see her just yet.

"I told them to all stay away. I can't control my powers right now... only with Astrid around me, I can, but she's hurt now because of me..." Emma replied.

"She was healed by Mr. Gold," Henry started, "She's fine and knows you didn't mean to." He continued to walk towards Emma.

Emma began, "Listen, don't worry about me. I'm gonna find a way to fix this, but until I do... you got to go."

"No." Henry commented, "You always think that pulling away from people will fix your problems, but it never does. That's another thing you've got in common with Astrid. I can help you."

"Henry, just wait... I-" Emma stammered out as her hands began to glow while the twelve year old reached out towards her until a big wave of magic shot out from her and sent Henry crashing to the ground a few feet from her. "Henry! Henry, are you okay!?"

Astrid widened her eyes and gracefully jumped down from her spot in the tree and landed on her nephew's other side, speaking up in concern, "Bud, you alright?"

"Astrid," Both Henry and Emma let out with sighs of relief.

Astrid knelt beside her nephew and looked at the cut behind his ear and healed it with her magic, saying, "There. All better."

"Was that a cut you just healed? What did I do?" Emma started to panic, fear evident in her eyes.

"It-It's fine. I'm okay. It's gone." Henry tried to assure his mom who let out, "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry."

"Mom-" Henry tried again.

"Stop. Don't come any closer. I love you, Kid, but you got to go." Emma pleaded, "Just go!" Another wave of magic blasted out of her hands, missing the two in front of her barely.