71. Nimue

✖️✖️✖️✖️

✖️✖️✖️✖️

Astrid was seared next to Peter across from Regina in the booth they sat in with everyone else nearby. David spoke up first, "So you can really do it-- Take the Dark One dagger and put it together with Arthur's sword to re-create the original Excalibur?"

"I hope so," Merlin nodded.

"And we can use it to save Emma?" Snow also questioned the famous sorcerer.

"Perhaps," Merlin replied, "But I need two things. The magical means to unite the two blades. That's my and Astrid's and Emma's quest. From you, I need-"

"The two blades," Peter finished, glancing over at his love who was unusually quiet. He moved his hand across her lap.

"We're pretty much at the open-warfare stage. Now, getting the partial sword from Arthur won't be easy." Robin commented as he now sat next to Regina.

"As long as you're looking at the future, any hints on how?" Hook spoke up.

"Well, the future isn't exact," Merlin explained, "There are many parts-"

"Of course there are." Hook cut him off, "You're willing to send us behind enemy lines, but when it comes to specifics, everything's a little fuzzy, isn't it!?"

"Hook, Merlin's helping Emma," David told the said pirate who argued, "Is he!? She's sitting out there right now, making things to pull memories out of people's heads, because that's what she does now instead of sleeping. I'm not quite seeing the helping!"

Astrid moved one hand to the side of her head as she squeezed her eyes shut somewhat, feeling strange. Peter noticed the action and wrapped an arm around her shoulders, pulling her closer to him in comfort.

"I know what it is to lose someone you love to the Dark One," Merlin told him, "All I can ask of all of you is that you bring me that sword... and that you have patience with Emma. Her kind of power, for good or evil-- much like Astrid's-- it is a weight on the soul. And love is a great help, if you can find it."

Astrid buries her face in the crook of her husband's neck just as Merlin glanced over at her with furrowed eyebrows, starting, "Astrid?"

The said girl looked up and convinced a smile, saying, "Yeah. I'm fine. Are- Are you ready?"

The famous sorcerer approached their booth and carefully watched her before he began, "You're seeing the two paths for us, aren't you?"

Astrid nodded in confirmation and leaned a little more up. "Yeah. And it sucks."

Merlin smiled in understanding and spoke back up to the group, "We leave as soon as possible. Get your stuff ready."

Astrid stood up and started to take a step forward but soon fainted just as Peter caught her in his arms before she could fall to the floor.