64. The Creator

✖️✖️✖️✖️

✖️✖️✖️✖️

Henry pace in front of August's bed, his storybook open at the foot of the bed with the page of the door on top of it. "How do we get my aunt out? There has to be a way."

"We'll find that way. I promise, Henry. She saved me more than once... I'm gonna save her, too." August assured the boy who stopped his anxious pacing before he sat back down in the chair beside the bed.

Something began to glow underneath the picture of the door as both noticed small, cursive words appearing.

Henry read the new words before saying, "Astrid will be okay." They stared at the scribbled words that magically appeared and furrowed their eyebrows in confusion: I'm learning what it means to be the Creator, my purpose and all... We will meet again. Soon. Have faith.

"Sounds like our fearless friend has a plan," August remarked, "Even trapped in a book."

"She seem always have a plan ready," Henry also remarked, his faith towards his aunt still there.

***

Astrid looked around the cramped space on the other side of the door, twisting the door handle to find that it was locked. "Bloody hell."

She pounded on the door then until she started to kick at it, feeling even more cramped in the small space as she began to have a panic attack. "Let me out!"

Astrid gasped as she made a wave of magic wash over her and throughout the very tiny space of a room she was inside-- The room Now was much bigger and held one light above her.

"You are the Creator, child, which means you have the power to truly change the way things are." A sudden male voice spoke through the room somewhere.

"Who are you?" Astrid questioned, quickly standing in a defensive position as she glanced around everywhere, "Are you bloody trapped inside of this place like me also?"

"I'm not trapped, just know a lot about everything. I'm not here yet I am here at the same time." The mysterious voice spoke up again, "I know much about you, hero. You have the potential to stop it all... You just have to believe in yourself, Kid."

Astrid narrowed her eyes and continued to look around the place but not standing in a defensive stance anymore, letting out, "And how do you suppose I stop things, change whatever?"

The room fell silent for a few minutes until the girl spoke up, "Hey! You can't just tell me that I can change bloody everything and then not even tell me how to do that! Come back-- Show yourself!"