63. Best Laid Plans

✖️✖️✖️✖️

✖️✖️✖️✖️

Astrid remained in her spot next to August and Henry while Emma and Regina stood a few feet away talking about the page.

"How the hell is the Author trapped inside the book?" Regina questioned as she stared at the page in her hands.

"Don't ask me. You're the magic expert." Emma replied.

Astrid glanced over at an unconscious August and felt a bad feeling as she shook him lightly, letting out, "August?"

Henry widened his eyes and shared a look with his aunt, the thirteen year old starting, "Mom."

"This is insane," Regina continued, the two women having not heard their son, "What are supposed to do, draw a key?"

"What we need to do is figure it out before Gold does." Emma pointed out.

"Guys!" "Mom!" Both Astrid and Henry spoke up louder to the two women who immediately looked over at them, Regina asking, "What is it?"

"There's something wrong with August." Henry told them.

Emma stepped back over to them and shook the man some, saying, "August? August?" She looked from her sister to Regina before adding, "We need to get him help."

Astrid nodded and made the five of them vanish in a cloud of green smoke before appearing at the fairies' large residency and in a bedroom. "Mother Superior, we need your help."

***

Mother Superior laid a hand on August's forehead and withdrew it before speaking up, "He's been through a lot."

"What's happening? He was awake, and then he passed out, and-" Emma began.

"Well, he's been changed by magic many times," Blue told them, "For him to survive this, he will have to be very strong."

Astrid sat in the chair on the other side of the bed, watching and listening to the group speak. Regina spoke up to Emma, "We have a bigger problem."

"Go." Astrid told them, making her sister look over at her, "I'll stay here and try to heal some more of the pain he's in."

Emma nodded reluctantly and stepped out of the room with Henry and Regina while Astrid stood up from her seat and moved closer to the bed and sat on the edge of it by his side, taking his hand in hers.

The eighteen year old closed her eyes and inhaled deeply, channeling the magical bond she had formed with the man and began healing him.