60. Unforgiven

✖️✖️✖️✖️

✖️✖️✖️✖️

Astrid finally found her way back to the Blanchard loft, having forgotten where it was at. She entered inside and noticed both Snow and David sitting at the table, worried looks on their faces.

It was almost three in the morning, and she knew she probably worried them from being out so late.

"I'm-- I'm sorry that I probably kept you guys up late with it being three A.M and all..." Astrid immediately started, not knowing that the couple in front of her were already up from dwelling on Ursula and Cruella.

"It's okay. We were already up..." Snow replied and then noticed their teenager's look on her face and then asked in concern, "What's wrong?"

Astrid stepped over to her parents and sat down on David's other side and sighed, starting carefully, "Remember when Gold had my heart right before he was banished?"

"Yeah... Why?" Both Snow and David simultaneously replied in concern.

"Uh, he sort of placed this spell on it, so when I put my heart back inside me, it became in effect that next day..." Astrid explained, "I'm losing my memory more and more each day, and it keeps getting worse..."

David shared a sad look with his wife before looking back at his daughter and inquired, "Why didn't you tell us this sooner?"

"These last six weeks- it was peaceful for all of us... I didn't want to worry all of you." Astrid sighed, adding, "But now, when my memory goes, I won't remember who I am or who my family and friends are-- and that bloody terrifies me, which will make me violent towards whoever is around me when my bloody memory... goes."

Snow looked at the girl with sad eyes and asked softly, "How can we help you, A?"

"When I forget, try to help me by jogging my memory, and- and if that don't bloody work, then... get everyone around me away." Astrid answered, "That's how you can help."

David questioned still in concern, "How can we break this spell?"

"I don't know," Astrid admitted, "I don't know if you can or even what it's called... if the Dark One casted this, then he must've made for certain that there's not a bloody way to reverse it..."

"We will find a way," David reassured the girl beside him, wrapping a fatherly arm around her shoulders, "We always do."

Astrid smiled and nodded, her clinging to her hope towards her family and herself still. "I know."