58. Heroes and Villains

✖️✖️✖️✖️

✖️✖️✖️✖️

Astrid stood in between Henry and Hook as they plus Elsa, Anna, Kristoff, Snow, and David stood at the town line near the ice barrier.

Riley spoke up with slightly wide eyes, "Wow. That is a lot of ice."

"And it's time for it to come down." Elsa replied before stepping forward and blasted her own ice powers at the wall, the barrier soon vanishing and now gone.

"Okay. Now can we go back home?" Anna spoke up curiously as she was fixing to cross over the town line.

"Stop! Don't take another step!" Emma quickly said, stopping Anna in her tracks, "That's the town line."

"Right. But I want to leave the town." Anna pointed out, "Didn't I just say that?"

"The wall may be down, but I sense that some of Ingrid's magic remains," Astrid spoke up.

Emma nodded in agreement as the woman added, "Me too. Yeah, leaving this town has never been simple. And Ingrid? She wanted to be here alone with you and me. She wanted to make Storybrooke her ice castle and clearly she wanted to protect it."

"So how do we get back home?" Anna inquired, afraid that they would never see their kingdom again yet still remained hopeful that they would return.

Riley and Astrid shared a knowing look, both knowing that Stormfly could take them home to their land.

"Walking wouldn't get us there anyway," Elsa added, "We're in a different realm."

"We need to find a portal," Emma replied and furrowed her eyebrows as she added, "Or magic beans..."

"Okay, now I'm lost," Kristoff remarked in confusion.

"Well, let's get one of those things. We have to hurry," Anna added until Elsa commented, "No, we don't need to rush. We need to be careful. Arendelle will still be there while we figure this out."

"It might not," Anna began and then looked over at her fiancé, "Did we forget to tell her?"

"A lot of stuff was going on," Kristoff replied with a light shrug and in amusement.

"Tell me what?" Elsa warily asked.

"Arendelle's been conquered-- by Hans and his twelve brothers." Anna admitted as she faced her sister again.

Elsa scoffed and glanced over at Astrid and Emma before saying, "Emma, Astrid, we need to find a way back... now."

"We'll do our best," Emma assured.