29. Dark Hollow

✖️✖️✖️✖️

✖️✖️✖️✖️

Astrid woke up and glanced over at the window of the treehouse to see that it was still nighttime; She stretched some and crawled out of bed, beginning to move over to the door but stopped in her tracks suddenly.

Astrid gasped in pain and lifted her shirt to reveal her left ribs and could see the veins turning black; She fixed her shirt and sighed, exiting out of the treehouse.

Peter had felt her pain and was already moving over to the ladder of the treehouse, fixing to check on her. He helped her step off the final step of the ladder and looked at her in concern. "The pain's growing even more now, isn't it?"

"Yeah..." Astrid murmured as Peter wrapped an arm around her and held her to his chest in reassurance, "Will you do something for me?"

"What do you need?" Peter asked curiously.

"Undo this bonding spell that you put on the two of us," Astrid answered, "I don't want you to get hurt because of my pain..."

"Hey, don't worry about me. I'm fine-" Peter replied with a small smirk and a shrug, "I'm just more upset that someone casted one of the most impossible curses on the girl that I love."

"I don't want to worry about who did this curse..." Astrid slowly admitted, "I just want to spend my final months or however long that I have left with you and my family... Maybe this is for the best."

"Why would you say that?" Peter began, his eyebrows furrowed, "I don't want to lose you. Again."

Astrid's lip trembled, saying quietly, "I, for once, admitted something about me that I've denied multiple times. What I had realized... I'm a- a terrible person who destroys bloody everything good around me and runs from whatever happiness there is around me."

"But-"

Astrid cut him off as she continued, "It made me realize how bloody tired I am of running away from the people in my life. And it made me realize that I destroyed other people's happy endings, which isn't what I want to do..." She sighed and stepped back some.

Peter held her hands in his and stopped her by saying, "Whatever you have done in your past, I don't care because it doesn't change the way I feel about you. You don't have to run anymore. But, whatever you decide, I am with you. Always."

Astrid smiled a little and kissed him before walking away as Peter inhaled and sighed before meeting up with Felix to put their plan concerning Henry into action.