31. Astrid's Curse

✖️✖️✖️✖️

✖️✖️✖️✖️

Astrid laid there in bed, coughing and throwing up; Her throat was raw from the coughing fits, her nose filled with snot and was red. Her head ached painfully from her sinuses being clogged up, and she was running a fever.

Despite the warm Neverland sun, Astrid shivered and desperately pulled the blankets tighter around her, trying to warm herself back up.

"Feeling any better, Charming?" Pan spoke up as he stepped up to the tent entrance and looked at his best friend.

"I'm f-f-" Astrid started and then sneezed and sniffled some, "-fine."

Peter moved over to her and crouched by her side, placing a hand over her forehead before removing it, saying, "No you're not. You're burning up, love."

"St-Stop calling me- me love." Astrid groaned, holding onto the blanket even tighter.

"You love it," Pan smirked with a light roll of his eyes and then handed a cup of camomile tea and a teaspoon of medicine to her, "Now, take your medicine, A."

Astrid mumbled a whiny, "No..."

Peter sighed and tried again by offering it again, saying, "It'll make you feel better. Come on, you big baby." Astrid gave a small glare his way but downed the medicine and then drank some of the tea before laying back down.

"There. Now, that wasn't too bad, was it, Charming?" Pan smirked, setting the cup on the table beside them, "It's going to help you go to sleep, and when you wake up, you'll be better. Alright?"

"Thank you." Astrid sleepily replied, already drifting off and was completely out of it now, "Love you, Huckleberry..." With that said, she was sound asleep.

Pan actually genuinely smiled as he heard her unintentionally admit that she loves him. He always thought that it was just an unrequited love, him loving her and her not loving him back. But, with her completely out of it, Astrid just admitted her feelings for him.

Though, Pan knew that if he mentions this to Astrid, she would deny ever saying that. He knew she would because she's a lot like him in a sense.

He also knew that she still thinks about her fiancé back on Berk, but he knows that Astrid only thinks that she is in love with Hiccup.

Pan glanced down at Astrid who turned in her sleep and flinched somewhat; He bent down and kissed her on the top of her temple and murmured, "Love you too." With that said, he stood up and exited the tent.