30. Think Lovely Thoughts

✖️✖️✖️✖️

✖️✖️✖️✖️

Rumple and Peter watched their father, Malcolm, deal cards on a table in front of a crowd as the man started, showing a lady card, "Follow the lady, gents." He began shuffling a few of the cards as he chuckled, "A shilling returns two."

A man in front of the crowd smirked some and placed a coin in front of Malcolm after he had laid three cards facing down on top of the table; The man pointed at one card as Malcolm flipped it over to find that it wasn't the lady one. "What?"

The man's buddies laughed as Malcolm remarked, "Don't feel too bad. You're not the only one who's been spurned by the Lady tonight. She's been quite shy all evening." He giggled somewhat, fiddling with the coin in his hand.

The man glared and grabbed his wrist, pulling the sleeve down to show the lady card, saying, "You tricked me."

"How'd she get in there?" Malcolm replied and was then punched in the face and pinned against the wall.

Peter stepped his little brother by five years, Rumple, back a step before stepping in between their father and the villager himself while grabbing his outstretched arm desperately, "Please, don't hurt him! He's our father!"

"You two would be better off without him," The man commented and punched Malcolm in his gut as he fell to the ground in pain. The villager then took his satchel of coins away from him while Malcolm said, "No. No."

"Are you okay?" Rumple spoke up as he knelt on their father's other side after Malcolm spit up blood.

Malcolm quietly chuckled with a small smirk on his face, "The cost of the game. He didn't even leave me a shilling for a pint. How rude."

"He took all of our money," Peter pointed out as their father replied, "Yes, but I'll figure something out. I always do... Peter, Rumple..." The man stood up off the ground, "Roll up!"

Astrid stepped away from her family for a little while to take a breather when Peter appeared in front of her. "You know I wouldn't ask for something like this from you, but this will save my life in doing so..." Peter began reluctantly, immediately taking her hands into his.

"What is it? What's going on?" Astrid questioned, her eyes narrowed at him, "Henry okay?"

"He's fine," Peter answered, "Rumplestiltskin and Regina recently acquired the Pandora's box and they're going to use it to trap me for an eternity, separating the two of us..."

Astrid nodded slowly and quietly asked, "And you want me to what?"

"Take it from them- or replace the real one with a fake one, making them think that they have the real thing," Peter shrugged, making a small gray cube with engravings on it appear in his palm. "Do this for me- and we can continue to be together, love."