59. Darkness on the Edge of Town

(Astrid's motorcycle is at the top)

✖️✖️✖️✖️

Astrid sat in her chair at her desk, writing in her journal that Hook had returned to her which was the same one that was left on Neverland.

She was writing her full story of her life and was determined to finish it-- She didn't know if they would face another dark curse sometime in the future or if she'd lose her memory again, but she wanted to be prepared.

Emma stepped to her open door and noticed her twin still writing in that book. "Hey, A, how about you take a break and go to school or something?"

Astrid glanced up at the woman and scoffed in amusement, saying, "I'm nearly over three hundred years old. I don't need to go to school."

"But you're still a teenager, and teenagers still goes to high school in this world," Emma pointed out, "Plus, you might make some friends your physical age."

"No, I'm good here," Astrid shrugged while adding, "Our mom and dad don't push school on me like you, so I don't have to."

"Okay, if you insist," Emma also shrugged before suggesting, "Well, how about you help Hook and Belle with finding out how to free the fairies? You've been cooped up in your room writing in that book and doing whatever in the woods for six weeks now. You need to join society again."

Astrid lifted an eyebrow at her sister curiously and replied, "I'm good. I finally have been able to get a few weeks to myself in a long time, and I've had time to grieve over Peter's death. This isolation is good for me."

"No it's not," Emma sighed, "When are you going to learn, Astrid, that you don't have to do anything alone anymore? Come on. Slide your shoes on, get your coat. Join your family again."

Astrid simply remarked, "And I do hang out with my family, like with Henry when he's not doing Operation: Mongoose and then Hook when he's not with you and also with Riley when she's not in school or with her adopted family that she was placed with..."

Emma stepped over to the girl's desk and was fixing to take the leather bound journal from her twin until Astrid moved it away from her grip, saying, "No."

"What's so special about that book anyway?" Emma questioned while folding her arms across her chest.

"My whole life's in this journal," Astrid admitted, "If I ever lose my memory again, my real story will be right here for me to remember who I really am."

Emma nodded sympathetically just as Astrid stood up and moved over to her bookcase and placed the journal in between the two books Gone with the Wind and Pride and Prejudice.