15. The Queen is Dead

✖✖️✖️✖️

✖✖️✖️✖️

Astrid looked in her full-length mirror in her bedroom at her attire for the day; She was wearing a pair of black skinny jeans that was ripped at the knees, a gray tee shirt that had red at the collarbone and the end of the sleeves, a red and black flannel shirt left unbuttoned, and red converse high tops.

Her blonde hair that was usually braided was left down with a red beanie over her head; She sighed at the unfamiliar girl as her reflection.

Astrid was also wearing her orange topaz ring, her red gem necklace, her twin swords, and now she was also wearing her betrothal necklace that her first love had gave her.

Astrid noticed the kransen sitting on top of her dresser and closed her eyes and shook her head some before reopening her eyes and stepping out of her bedroom while starting to hide her thirteen daggers on her.

Astrid walked down the stairs with just one last dagger in her hand and a frown on her face. Snow and David glanced over at her as Astrid started, "I have twelve daggers on me, but I can't find anywhere else to hide my last one."

"Don't use it." Snow laughed as Astrid looked at her seriously and asked her mother, "But what if I need it?"

"You have twelve more and two swords strapped to your sides." David also pointed out while laughing some. The teenager scowled and slid the dagger down in her boot that already held a knife. 

David noticed his daughter's scowl and said, "Come on, come eat." Astrid sat down at the counter while David poured a cup of hot chocolate with cinnamon and set the mug beside her.

Snow turned around after facing a mirror and staring at her reflection. "What are you doing?" She asked her husband.

"Making breakfast." David simply answered as Snow asked, "Why?"

Astrid lifted an eyebrow at her mother in confusion, not knowing why she was so upset. "I'm hungry." The said girl spoke up, trying to help her father out of Snow's defensiveness.

David smiled some and nodded in agreement while he continued to fix the pancakes, which the teenager was happy about because she loved this fluffy breakfast food.

Snow gave him a look and said, "You don't think I know what you're doing? We talked about this. We had a deal."

David set the dishes down and looked at her, saying, "I know. I know. But with the curse broken, I thought maybe you would change your mind."

"Well, I didn't." Snow sadly replied and moved towards the door but stopped at the table, noticing the wrapped gift, "What's this?"