23. The Heart of the Truest Believer

✖️✖️✖️✖️

✖️✖️✖️✖️

Astrid collapsed onto the dirt in defeat while exclaiming in frustration, "I GIVE UP!"

She quickly turned when she heard slow, sarcastic claps from behind a thick tree; Peter stepped out and leaned against the tree, his signature smirk on his face. "Wow, incredible. An inspiration, really, that's what you are, Charming." He remarked.

"Well, I don't need magic anyway. I'm a perfect shot with my weapons, so..." Astrid stubbornly said while folding her arms across her chest after sitting up and sat Indian-style.

Peter straightened up and moved over to her, crouching down beside her and looked at her. "Come on, love, you of all people, never give up. Magic is based on feeling, emotion. So, will it and... feel that energy inside of you move."

Astrid gave him a look and asked in slight confusion, "What?"

"What do you feel when you heal people with your magic?" Peter curiously answered with another question.

Astrid sat up and looked at him again and replied with a small shrug, "I don't know... It's like I just automatically feel their pain, like the magic inside of me has to heal them."

"Here," He offered his hand, "I'll help you. I can train you with your magic." She took his hand in hers reluctantly and was lifted off of the ground and now stood by his side.

"Don't you have some poor, innocent person to murder?" Astrid sarcastically glared at him.

Pan laughed, "No. Now do you want my help or not?"

Astrid sighed, weighing her options carefully, before giving in, "Fine. Where do we start?"

"The basics." Peter commented, "Concentrate on your magic, will it, feel it inside of you."

Astrid closed her eyes and took a deep breath, breathing in through her nose and exhaling out her mouth. She felt the warm, powerful light magic running through her body and focused on it.

"What do you feel?" Peter softly asked as he now stood behind her closely, his mouth near her ear.

"A warm, weird, tingly feeling... My magic." Astrid murmured, her eyes still closed.

"Now, relax your muscles, love," Peter said still quietly, moving a strand of her blonde hair behind her ear lightly, "And, inside of your mind, imagine yourself making a ball of fire appear in your hand."