56. Fall

✖️✖️✖️✖️

✖️✖️✖️✖️

Astrid stood in the clock tower with Snow, David, Regina, Emma, Henry, Hook, Leroy, and Elsa who looked through a pair of binoculars and anxiously spoke up, "Belle was right. My aunt is actually doing this."

Snow took the binoculars and looked through them to see the purple cloud with pieces of mirror flying towards them. "The Spell of Shattered Sight."

David took the binoculars from his wife and looked through them also before suggesting, "We open the mines and the Vault. We take shelter there."

"This is magic. It doesn't care about ceilings," Astrid sighed as Regina nodded in agreement who added, "It's started."

"How long?" Hook spoke up.

Regina glanced through the pair of binoculars also and watched the spell approach them as she answered, "By sundown. By sundown, everyone in this town will start... tearing each other apart."

"Okay." Emma began, "The answer is simple. Let's not be in town."

***

The nine of them now stood at the town line in front of the huge ice wall as Regina remarked, "Hardly an elegant solution."

"Nothing wrong with brute force if it works," Emma started as Leroy nodded and added, "If we can get over, we can build a frame, take people over one at a time.

Astrid slid a thing of rope over her shoulder and kept her focus on the huge ice wall as both David and Snow told her, "Astrid, be careful."

The said teenager nodded and marched up to the wall, taking out her battle axe and slammed it into the icy barrier; She was suddenly thrown back by a strong force while the ground rumbled and more ice spikes grew into the air.

"Astrid!" "AJ!" The group exclaimed as they rushed over to the girl who groaned and was already standing back up.

"You okay?" Emma asked as she and David moved her back over to the group with Astrid nodding and letting out, "Aye."

"Looks like that wall doesn't care much for your brute force," Regina remarked.

Astrid clutched the straps of her backpack that was still on her back, it containing the box that held Merlin's hat inside of it.

Elsa bent down near a crack in the icy ground and picked up something as Astrid rushed over to her and guided her back to the group, "Elsa, stop. This thing could blow up again."