69. The Broken Kingdom

✖️✖️✖️✖️

✖️✖️✖️✖️

Peter stopped David from entering the room that was held for the Knights' Round Table. "I don't trust this king of theirs. Neither does Astrid. She's talking to Snow right now about it."

David furrowed his eyebrows in confusion, starting, "Why would he accept us into his kingdom then? Or make me a trusted knight of his?"

"We don't know." Peter shrugged before adding, "But I intend to find out. I've got a family to look out for. We won't be surprised by another villain... I should know-- I used to be one." He smirked a little in slight amusement.

David rolled his eyes a little bit before he commented, "Arthur wants to speak to me, so I must go. We can talk about this later, Pan."

Peter sighed and vanished in a cloud of green smoke while David entered through the double doors and spoke up to King Arthur, "You wanted to see me?"

"Yes. Yes, we have something serious to discuss. Please, join me." Arthur nodded, "Now that you're a member of the Round Table, it's time to share Camelot's greatest secret."

The king withdrew his famous sword out of its case to reveal it broken, adding, "The sword that made me King is broken. For years, I've hunted its missing piece-- something known as the dagger of the Dark One."

David furrowed his eyebrows and nodded before he replied, "I've heard tales of it."

"Well, I think you're the man to help me find it." Arthur said, "After all, you're the only one who needs it as bad as I. You're desperate to destroy the power of the Dark One."

"Only Merlin can do that." David began.

"Perhaps, perhaps not." Arthur commented, "No one knows what Merlin really wants, but with that dagger, we wouldn't need Merlin. I could reforge Excalibur into the sword it once was with the power to destroy the darkness once and for all. Can you help me in this quest?"

David slowly nodded.

***

Astrid was walking down the hall next to Hook when they heard Emma mutter, "Leave me alone." And then they heard from her, "Stop talking... Stop."

Just as the two reached the open doorway, Emma's blast of magic almost hit them but was stopped by Astrid creating a shield out of her magic.

Hook carefully approached Emma, assuring her gently, "Calm down. There's no one here. It's just us." Then he stepped closer to Emma, adding, "Just you and me-- and Astrid." He hugged her as the woman hugged him back slowly.

"He's inside my head. I can't get him out." Emma murmured fearfully, "He's here. He's always here." She was now looking behind Astrid and at the open doorframe to see Rumplestiltskin while Astrid glanced behind her to see no one there.