78. The Brothers Jones

✖️✖️✖️✖️

✖️✖️✖️✖️

Astrid pulled the sheets off of the sofa and then sat down on the top of the couch next to where Hook sat. She had already healed herself and was also in a clean set of clothes.

She had an arm propped on her adopted father's shoulders. "What is it?"

Hook glanced up at the girl before he admitted, "It's just, um, a lot has happened between us..."

Astrid furrowed her brow, starting, "What's wrong?"

"I'm the problem. You sacrificed yourself again to save all of us. You took away your sister's and my darkness. You did it out of love. I was weak-" Hook began.

"No. You're still the same man I look up to, the same man who... doesn't ever give up and taught me mostly everything that I know." Astrid assured the pirate, "And I wouldn't change things because I would sacrifice myself for all of you in a heartbeat. It's okay."

"You raise the bar very high, AJ." Hook sighed, "The fact is, I don't measure up."

Astrid moved a hand on top of his head as he glanced back up at her. "Let me be the judge of that. You're always there for me, and I'm always going to be there for you."

Hook smiled up at her just as there was suddenly a knock on the door.

Astrid shared a curious look with the pirate before standing back up and stepping off the last step and moving over to the door and opened it to reveal a man.

"Hey, can we help you?" Astrid spoke up towards the man who looked over at Hook in shock and let out, "Killian."

Hook's jaw dropped somewhat as he stood up and moved over to his daughter and brother at the door. "Liam?"

Liam stepped into the house and commented, "So, the rumors are true. After all these years, my little brother is finally here."

Astrid widened her eyes, having heard many stories about the Liam Jones and how Hook looked up to him and all. "Wait. As in the Liam, your big brother? The one you looked up to?"

Hook nodded, saying, "Aye. That's the one." Liam was confused of who the girl next to them was, but Hook soon introduced her to him, "Liam, this is my daughter, Astrid."

He wrapped a fatherly arm around her shoulders while Liam raised his eyebrows and replied, "So, I guess that makes me an uncle. It's nice to meet you."

Astrid grinned, saying, "Likewise. I've heard a lot of good things about you."

Emma stepped into the room and noticed the three of them and spoke up curiously, "What's going on?"